Feedback on CONNECTIONS meal certificates!

P

pixie dust gal!

I have received requests to post back on how the meal certificates worked from Connections.

They worked just fine at every counter service and sitdown restaurant we presented them at. We never had a problem.

The only thing I would do differently is not order so many because in some cases we lost money(less than $1) or broke even. It doesn't pay all that much to use them at the counters with the exception of Beaches and Cream (saved lots!!). At Beaches you can order ANY desert on the menu - ds ordered a desert that was $7.95 and the certificate was $10.50! That means he ate his dbl burger meal, shake for $2.50! That was the best deal.

Regarding the sitdown restaurants - that worked out really well too. We ate early dinners at 4:15 at Rose and Crown and paid only $17.50 per meal - including tax and tip! We had the mushroom appetizer ($5.95) entree ($17.50), beverage and my favorite Millenium desert ($6.95). That alone would have been over $30 not including that tax and tip! We did the same at Le Cellier! It is well worth it to try!

I also ordered discount movie tickets paid only $4.50 and they worked well too. (I have some extra left over and am going to ask Pete if I can sell them here to whomever wants them - at $4.50 it is a great bargain). I will post if I get permission.

Any questions, just ask.

Thanks for the info. My ?'s: You said at the sitdown meals you spent about $17.50, but the voucher is $29.50 so do you mean OVER the voucher you spent another $17.50? I know in the writeup it explains that the vouchers include tip, so you actually do NOT leave any add'l money on the table? Can you use the adult vouchers but not have vouchers for the kids and how would that work? Would you only have to pay the difference or only get billed for whatever the kids eat? I've seen conflicting reports about this Beaches and Cream---can you actually sit down and use the counter vouchers or do you have to order to go? I thought the counter only sold ice cream. Do you know if you can split one voucher between two people? I suppose at a counter service, the CM's wouldn't know anyway. What size drink comes with the counter service voucher? What were the expiration dates on your vouchers? And on the movie tickets?

Final ? and thank you so much for offering any additional info: Did you buy any of the breakfast buffet vouchers and if so, do you think it was worth it?

Thanks again, Carla

Thanks so much for the update! We are staying at YC on our next trip, so I will definitely get some counter service vouchers for B&C!! And maybe plan a late lunch or two...

:D

Disney4u,

Sorry for the mixup! I was confused and just grabbed my disney folder for specifics.

We paid $29.50 for each - I presented 3 certificates as my kids shared a meal.

That was $88.50 total. It would have cost us $127.50 with tax and gratuity if I paid separately at Rose and Crown Pub. Basically, the same thing applied for Le Cellier. We were able to order whatever we wanted off the menus.

I did order 4 breakfast certificates for a character meal and it still worked in our favor because of taxes and 20% tip which is what they are permitted to claim.

With regards to Beaches and Cream, we ordered dinner and sat down at the rest. We all ordered burgers, (ds ordered a double burger) fries, beverages (soda and 1 shake) and then desert - and when I asked the server what desert could we order she replied "anything on the menu that your heart desires" - so the kids went to town............ LOL That was $6.95 for the burgers/fries-more for ds as he ordered a double burger, $2.25 for drink ($3.00 for shake-I think), plus over $5.00 each for everyone's desert! The only thing we left was a tip! Taxes were included. That saved us over $5 per person.

Regarding drinks, we could order any size and any drink offered. The expiration dates were 9 months out I think and the movie passes were 1 year (I think).

Any questions, just ask.:D

pixie dust gal
can you give me a link or and website where I can find out more info please?

I have gone to the link and there is really not much info regarding the certificates and how they work. Is it possible that someone could explain this better?

1.) Once you are a member how does it work purchasing the certificates and what is the cost of the certificate?

2.) How do you use these certificates at WDW?

3.) How long did it take you to receive them?

4.) Is it limited to only certain restaurants and times?

5.) What is included in the price of the certificate when you go to use it at one of the restaurants? Are you able to order anything off the menu?

6.) Do you have to pay additional monies at the restaurants when using these?

7.) Also did you feel awkward while using these or were you treated any differently by the wait staff?

I'm sorry if these are a lot of questions but I am very confused by all of this. It sounds like it may be worth it if I could get a better understanding as my husband and I love eating at the nicer restaurants in WDW but are always looking to save money where possible. I appreciate any answers to these questions.

www.mousesavers.com/connections.html. Here it is explained what each voucher costs, what food you can get, and which restaurants accept them. Check out this info and then decide if it's worth joining connections to purchase the vouchers. Apparently, you can join connections for a one-month trial for $1 and order all the vouchers you want then quit at the month's end. Most of the vouchers have about one yr's expiration dates, but I've heard they are out currently so you may want to wait a month or so if you have time. The vouchers are reportedly sent within three days time.

Good luck. I too am still evaluating if this is a good deal.

Carla

Pixie, I ordered the tickets!! (breakfast and hoppers) Did you also get hoppers? If so, any problems? Hope you had lots of fun! :bounce: :D

Yaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

I know you probably didn't want to come back but I couldn't wait until you did! I am so glad that you posted this for us! I really appreciate it!

I hope you had a great time! Take care and thank you again!

Maggie
:)

Thanks for the update, pixiedust. FYI, I believe you can return these to Connections for a refund, provided you send them via insured mail. Check their website for more info.

I have a PS for lunch the Sci-Fi diner. I wonder if it would be worth it to order the lunch feature for this?

Lisa

Teacher, we didn't get hopper just meal certificates.

Lisa and Saffron, I can't speak highly enough about the ease and ue of the certificates! Just do your homework before you plunk down the certif. They are better off used, in most cases, at the breakfasts, late lunches for sit downs rest. and beaches and cream.

Enjoy your trip(s) - I am jealous already!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

for those of you that have used the $10.50 vouchers..what is the BEST deal? Thanks in advance!

If you go to the Mypoints website you can get 200 points for joining Connections. The 30 day "free" trial is 1.00. The certificates are on there. I just ordered them and it didn't say they were out of stock. I ordered the casual lunch or dinner certificates but I am not ordering the breakfast certs - they are only worthwhile if you eat at an expensive breakfast.

Hope this info helps, but it definitely helps to check mousesavers, too!

Thanks pixie,

I am glad to hear that these worked well.

Looking forward to using them on my trip in 43 days!

WDWO

buy.

Anyone else have experience using these vouchers?

I was thinking of the Tappanyaki, Beaches & Cream, Chef Mickey's Breakfast.

I'm just nervous that they might discontinue the Rest. I want to use them at.

as I remember getting mailed info about them maybe two yrs ago. They have lots of other discounted tickets too such as for movies and stuff, but we always hit matinees so we don't need movie tickets. Anyway, the three restaurants you named would be a good bargain for the vouchers in my opinion, but keep in mind if you do Teppanyaki, the sit-down vouchers for $29.50 are for LUNCH so you'd have to try the latest lunch seating if you wanted it to be sort of 'dinnerish'. I hope that makes sense. We're not going until June '02 so I am not going to be joining and buying these cert til around October, but I definitely think it is a good value at many of the restaurants and especially if you want character bkfts.

Are the kids lunch vouchers ($12.50) worth it???

What can they pick from on the menu...what does it include?

thanks for any info!!!

crazyforpooh, I believe Connections will buy back unused vouchers as long as they are in good condition and you send them insured.

Lisa

My big question is can you use one $29.50 voucher to split a meal? I could never eat all that at one sitting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter