Feeding a 1 year old

sgtpet

DIS Veteran
Just trying to get advice as to how you fed your one year old at WDW. Did you rent a refrigerator? Otherwise how did you get Milk? Going this weekend so your help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Hi Sgtpet,

We took our almost one year old in August of 2000. He was eating a good bit of table food at that time. We took baby food in jars and he would eat what he could off of our plates. We stayed at Dixie and had a small cooler in our room that we kept a small 1/2 gallon of milk in it. I just kept refilling it with ice and it kept fine. Especially with the air conditioning on at that time. I never even thought of getting a refridgerator. Ice keeps very good in a cooler. To heat the bottles, I would run hot water in the sink and sit the bottle in it for a few minutes. He was only taking 3 bottles of milk at that time. Hope this helps.

I also had a cooler that I filled with ice. Once when I was ready to leave for the day and again at night. It kept the milk very cold. Cow's milk is available all over WDW. You can also buy formula, baby food and toddler friendly food (Spaghetti-O's, etc.) at the Baby Care Centers in the parks. They have bottled water and a microwave to make things easier.

My son is eating mainly table food at this point but I didn't want to spend $15 a day for a refrigerator for milk feedings late at night and early in the morning.

Thanks for your help

Will you have a car? There are grocery stores (and a Super WalMart a little farther out) on 192 outside of WDW. You can buy a styrofoam cooler for <$5, and of course, milk and baby food. Ice is free at the resorts. Our styrofoam cooler kept our milk plenty cold. We just replaced the ice every night. We left the cooler behind when it was time to come home.

Do they make whole milk powdered milk? Our son just turned one, so I kept him on formula for our recent vacation. We used powdered formula with bottled water. It was easier than worrying about keeping milk fresh! But I guess you can't switch back to formula now.

We used a small softsided cooler with ice in zip lock bags to keep our adult snacks cold in the room. It worked well for cheese (& chocolate :) ). Lots of people use styrofoam.

Hey, how about parmalot? The milk in the boxes? I keep that on hand at home, just to have. It tastes the same to me! If you wanted to, you could chill it on ice, but it won't spoil just sitting in a drawer.

Sgt Pet, if you're staying onsite, what we did was either my husband or me would run over to the food court/counter service twice a day and buy a 1/2 pint of milk. That way we didn't have to worry about keeping it cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter