Feel good post for a Sunday afternoon

Liz

Make a miracle!
35 years ago today we sent our 6 week old baby girl to the operating room. We were told when she was born she wouldn’t live more than 5 days, however she exceeded expectations.

Our little baby needed a new heart and thanks to a very loving family whose world was falling apart, she got the precious gift that would allow her to grow, love, and have a wonderful life.

Thirty five years ago we couldn’t dream we would have our healthy daughter with that same precious little boy heart. That little boy also saved the life of another baby that needed a liver and the baby who received his liver is still thriving and doing well, too.

If you ever are in a position to consider organ donation, maybe you will remember this story. Feeling so incredibly blessed! Happy Mother’s Day!

Wonderful and you are very blessed. Happy to hear your daughter is here with you, despite a tragedy from someone.

I’ve never really thought about organ donation, other than checking off the box on my drivers license. However, a friends son was tragically killed while on his bicycle. He was a 30 yr old man that my DS31 grew up with and was hit by a distracted driver. He was resuscitated twice at the scene but died at the hospital. He was an organ donor. He was kept alive for 6 days until his organs could be harvested but he helped 4 other people with his organs. I am now much more aware of organ donation.

We have been actively working with the Donate Life programs since our 20 year old grandson was
hit by an impaired hit and run young driver while crossing at a traffic light at his college campus nine years ago. Ben
was the greatest kid and our youngest daughter's only child. There was not another mark on his body, but his
skull had been fractured in three places. He had signed a donor card and his parents honored it. The driver served
seven years but Ben is still gone.

We have been actively working with the Donate Life programs since our 20 year old grandson was
hit by an impaired hit and run young driver while crossing at a traffic light at his college campus nine years ago. Ben
was the greatest kid and our youngest daughter's only child. There was not another mark on his body, but his
skull had been fractured in three places. He had signed a donor card and his parents honored it. The driver served
seven years but Ben is still gone.
I’m so sorry for the loss of your precious grandson.

I love this post so much! ❤️
Thank you Liz for sharing this wonderful story with us, and helping spread the word to others that there’s nothing more precious than the gift of life. I hope and pray that when I pass a way, if anything on, or in, my body can help another person that whatever it is is taken without hesitation.
God Bless you and your family ❤️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter