• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fess up Monsier Another Voice...

airlarry!

Did you know some ferns date back to Prehistoric t
I was reading this article on Mouseplanet by David Koenig which mentions a 'fake PR memo' going around at Feature Animation.

Go to www.mouseplanet.com and hit the David Koenig April 29th update, and scroll down to the fake memo.

My fellow DIS'ers...does this not look like the work of our friend and (for some) our mentor?

My two personal favorites are Schumacher's fake comments about the success of The Secret Lab, and this great comment about the future of the animation dept.:

"Yes, there will be layoffs," Schumacher admitted, his eyes beginning to shimmer with compassionate tears. "They are necessary to keep the company strong, and to that end, we are removing the elements in the studio who are most to blame for our recent box office failures. The artists.

Schumacher went on to say that the layoffs will be minor, effecting only about 10 to 97% of the current workforce. "
(bold added).

The only problem with this fake memo is how the writer subtly digs at Groove and Atlantis. I do like the way the writer defends the artists and runs smak at the suits!

I am shocked, shocked that people would accuse me of writing such a piece!!!!!

I’m no where near that good of a writer.

There are plenty of people still putting up the good fight. Not all hope is yet lost.

What AV said....
Originally posted by Another Voice
There are plenty of people still putting up the good fight. Not all hope is yet lost.

What Scoop heard....
Originally posted by thedscoop
...that Imagineering is definitely making a comeback. You are dead on predicting that the glory days will soon be here again. Good call on this one, Voice.

I think in a court room thats called leading the witness, and is often followed by an objection and then the comment is striken:D but who knows it might be right.

Yes Mr. Scoop, I agree with you that the law abiding shareholder have no choice but to take the criminally incompetent management to court in an attempt to recoup the billions wasted by their idiocy, indifference and personal greed. Clearly by their own recent actions in appointing the “watchdogs”, the present board is clearly unfit to serve and the only thing that stands between the current situation and the return to glory is a court order and a few more (highly placed) pink slips.

It’s gratifying to see that you have finally seen reason.

...every (or most) companies go through cycles. Years of success are often followed by management vearing from the key focus, message, or philosophy of the firm. Let us hope that Disney is currently at the lowest point in this "loss of mission" stage, with the upturn just around the river bend.

Once again Mr. Scoop you are correct in pointing out that Dino-Rama and Paradise Pier are useful only as dog walks.

And I consider it very fortunate that so many talented and creative people have received pink slips from Disney is recent years. While The Walt Disney Company continues to shrivel and disappoint, the spirit now grows in many other places. Pixar produces the true Disney movies these days and the seeds have been planted at Dreamworks/PDI and others. Attractions like ‘Spiderman’ at Universal and the recently opened The Grove in Los Angeles prove that the Disney ideal still lives. None of these would have been possible without the generous outpouring of talent from The Walt Disney Company.

You’re very right. I really am predicting the glory days will here again.

Just look for it under different brand names.

I'm sorry to hear that Disney is changing it's name, but with their new focus on Dog Walkers (with little plush dogs sold at all the convenience stands) I suppose it's only to be expected.

Too bad about your conviction for assualt on corporate america, maybe when you're out on paroll we can consider counter measures.

Sarangel

Seriously, there may be some truth to Disney's loss of talent bringing back the glory days of animation under a new cover, but where does that leave the theme park afficinados?

Sarangel

Out of luck.

Universal and Disney will continue to dabble in imagineering, but I don't see any evidence that anyone else will pick up the ball.

SixFlags and Cedar Fair got a little intoxicated at one point and we actually saw some Disney influences in their product (they tried themed queues and projects like Disaster Transport). But their hangover wore off years ago. I doubt they will take a drink from the flask again.

Paramount did just open the new Tomb Raider attraction and still has 3D shows. Busch has been known to invest in some imagineering from time to time, but I don't see either of these guys breaking out of their current mold.

If we were going to get any upstarts in Europe and Asia they would have appeared by now, the windows there should be closing. No, the direction of future imagineering rests squarely with Disney. It is their market to dominate or screw up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter