Festival of Arts 2023

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Thinking ahead here-last year the Festival of the Arts started just before Martin Luther King Day. How did that time compare with the starting time in previous years? I went for the first time last year, didn't know what to expect, and LOVED it. It's my new favorite festival. I didn't love the weather, but that was really mostly because I didn't bring the right clothes. Just thought "I'm going to Disney-bring shorts." Didn't even check the weather. This year I'll dress for it, and I can't wait. Any ideas when it might start?

Thinking ahead here-last year the Festival of the Arts started just before Martin Luther King Day. How did that time compare with the starting time in previous years? I went for the first time last year, didn't know what to expect, and LOVED it. It's my new favorite festival. I didn't love the weather, but that was really mostly because I didn't bring the right clothes. Just thought "I'm going to Disney-bring shorts." Didn't even check the weather. This year I'll dress for it, and I can't wait. Any ideas when it might start?
I think the starting date has crept a little earlier each year, although its history doesn't go back very far! Anyway, I doubt that it will begin earlier than MLK weekend in future, because the Marathon weekend is generally the weekend before that.

January is our favorite month to go - and we always bring an assortment of layers, because no matter what the forecast is, you never know whether it will be cold, chilly, warm or warmer. At least it's not going to be summertime hot and humid!

I know this is an older thread but looking to see if anyone has news? This is our first time planning a winter trip to WDW and we are excited to experience the Festival of the Arts. When do they usually announce dates and presentation/booth information?

My favorite time of the year in Orlando also. i will be there end of Feb/beginning of March and looking forward to it! (As well as Mardi Gras at Universal)

We were at WDW in 2017,2018 and 2019 for the week between Marathon Weekend and MKL. IIRC each year it kicked off the Friday heading into MLK. We really enjoyed the festival and the weather. We may have just gotten lucky those years because the temps ranged from about 65-75 and we were even able to use the (heated) pool.

I think the starting date has crept a little earlier each year, although its history doesn't go back very far! Anyway, I doubt that it will begin earlier than MLK weekend in future, because the Marathon weekend is generally the weekend before that.

January is our favorite month to go - and we always bring an assortment of layers, because no matter what the forecast is, you never know whether it will be cold, chilly, warm or warmer. At least it's not going to be summertime hot and humid!
I always plan to go in February , love the weather

Looks like several of us are going at the same time! We are going 01/26 - 02/05 staying at POFQ. Looking forward to enjoying the cooler weather and the Festival of the Arts. Of course, coming from Wisconsin, Florida's cooler weather is our warm weather :hippie:

I am going Jan 5th-15th so I plan on catching opening weekend. I am at BC so I can drop by after park hopping starts. It would be awesome if it started earlier but I won’t count on It.

It's my first time at this festival. Tell me what you love. What should I not miss?
What I especially loved was painting on the huge mural on the wall by the land (don't know if or where it will be next year). You'd get a little cup of paint and a brush, then fill in a certain number of blocks assigned to your color, kind of like a giant painting by number. They had hand outs of what the completed mural would be. Such fun-I hope it's back in 2023.

It's my first time at this festival. Tell me what you love. What should I not miss?
Like all of the festivals, they have the special food/drink stands. We have found the selections to be somewhat unique compared to other festivals.

There are a lot of Disney-inspired art stands all through World Showcase. It's not just the usual Disney stuff, lots of unique pieces to purchase or just browse.

My wife enjoyed doing the paint by number mural a few years ago and then we came back to see the finished product. That was cool.

There is always a schedule of workshops you can do. Some of those are very unique opportunities.

The chalk art is really cool.

Honestly one of the best things about this festival is that it's not usually as crazy-busy as Food and Wine. Over the years F&W has kind of turned into a mass crowd of people aggressively trying to get drunk around the world as quickly as possible. Arts Fest has more the feel of a Sunday morning flea-market or home town art festival where you can smell the flowers and enjoy the experience a little more than the other festivals. That's been our experience.

I'll be there Jan 23-28 for my 50th birthday. This is my favorite of the festivals. I love to see/buy art from the artists booth (especially when my favorites are there to sign purchases). And the animation classes are great too - I could do those all day. I am really hoping some of the workshops will be back this year. Prior to covid, I did the ink cell one and really enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter