Festival of Fantasy Parade Question

brad813

DIS Veteran
I have a visit to Disney coming up next month, kind of a last minute plan. I decided to stay on property for a night to take advantage of Evening EMH at Magic Kingdom on May 10th(with a Park Hopper Plus ticket). I plan to spend most of my day at Epcot, but I was wondering if it would be worth it for a solo adult to hop over to MK around 2pm for the 3pm Festival of Fantasy parade. I have a single day value ticket for Epcot already I was going to upgrade to a regular Park Hopper Plus(more cost efficient than a park hopper, a round of golf/mini-golf, and a water park ticket individually) when I get to Orlando.

Not sure I understand where you stand with tickets and whether you are asking if it is worth the money to upgrade just to see the parade. If money not an issue, the parade is not long but does have some incredible costuming and mechanized floats. I am always in awe of how these dedicated young folks spend the hours it takes to get made up and into the costumes they have to wear for the parades and shows.
Ted

Not sure I understand where you stand with tickets and whether you are asking if it is worth the money to upgrade just to see the parade. If money not an issue, the parade is not long but does have some incredible costuming and mechanized floats. I am always in awe of how these dedicated young folks spend the hours it takes to get made up and into the costumes they have to wear for the parades and shows.
Ted

It wasn't a matter of the ticket upgrade(I am already doing that because it fits my needs for the week), but rather if it is worth the time to go between Epcot and Magic Kingdom for just that. My plan is to spend around 5pm/6pm to 12am at Magic Kingdom as far as the rides go, but the parade is at 3pm, so am basically wondering if it would be worth the extra effort. Sorry if I wasn't clear in what I was asking.

I think it can be. The parade it worth watching! It's something I would do because as a solo traveler, I don't find Epcot to be very solo traveler friendly.

The parade really is fantastic - I would definitely advise going to see it, especially if you have never seen it before. I've seen it solo, and it was nice to have the freedom to move around and get a better spot without dragging your entire party with you.

The parade really is fantastic - I would definitely advise going to see it, especially if you have never seen it before. I've seen it solo, and it was nice to have the freedom to move around and get a better spot without dragging your entire party with you.

My first Disney trip ever actually. Ended up with the time and money for an extra vacation this year, so I decided to go on a recon mission for my return trip(as Sarge would put it).

but rather if it is worth the time to go between Epcot and Magic Kingdom for just that.

Anything you haven't seen before, or reallyreallyreally love, or which will no longer be there the next time you is absolutely worth the extra time/effort.

If you are willing to pay, there is now Express Transportation between the various parks $19 unlimited one day, you would be able to get from backstage near Epcot Guest Relations to backstage near Buzz Lightyear without going through bag cndck

Anything you haven't seen before, or reallyreallyreally love, or which will no longer be there the next time you is absolutely worth the extra time/effort.

If you are willing to pay, there is now Express Transportation between the various parks $19 unlimited one day, you would be able to get from backstage near Epcot Guest Relations to backstage near Buzz Lightyear without going through bag cndck

I'd say go for it - but with the Express bus to skip the security lines etc!

I am not sure how useful that would be since I would be checking into my resort in the middle of the day. I am, however debating between May 11th(before Wishes ends) or later in the month when they do the Pandora EMH. Choices, choices.

Resort arrival has almost nothing to do with the park to park Express bus service. You can buy your ticket using a variety of payment methods at any park's Guest Servces, or by credit/card only right at the bus area.

Resort arrival has almost nothing to do with the park to park Express bus service. You can buy your ticket using a variety of payment methods at any park's Guest Servces, or by credit/card only right at the bus area.

My point is it may not be helpful if I have to go to the resort to check in between them, which would require me to go through security again.

I am not sure how useful that would be since I would be checking into my resort in the middle of the day. I am, however debating between May 11th(before Wishes ends) or later in the month when they do the Pandora EMH. Choices, choices.

My point is it may not be helpful if I have to go to the resort to check in between them, which would require me to go through security again.
You don't need to check into your resort in the middle of the day.
  • You can check in as early 7 AM, or
  • You can check in online, or
  • You can check in at the end of your park touring day
Any bag too large for or prohibited by WDW rules can be stored in an Rocky locker and retrieved on exiting Epcot at the end of the day.

Only you can determine whether the FoF viewing is feasible.

You don't need to check into your resort in the middle of the day.
  • You can check in as early 7 AM, or
  • You can check in online, or
  • You can check in at the end of your park touring day
Any bag too large for or prohibited by WDW rules can be stored in an Rocky locker and retrieved on exiting Epcot at the end of the day.

Only you can determine whether the FoF viewing is feasible.

Oh, ok. This is my first Disney trip so I am getting up to speed on everything. Didn't know they were different from off property hotels in that respect.

Oh, ok. This is my first Disney trip so I am getting up to speed on everything. Didn't know they were different from off property hotels in that respect.

Disney officially says Check-In is at 3 PM. But you can "check-in" at the front desk at any time. Now there is a very good chance that a room won't be available in the morning. They will take your cell number & text you the room number when it is ready. After talking to the Front Desk, just take your luggage to Bell Services. Tell them that you are checking-in & the room isn't ready yet. And head off to whichever park you want to go to first. Bell Services will put your bags in your room while you are out having fun.

Now back to the parade. If May 10th is the only day you'll be in MK, then yes I'd say it's worth it to get there for the 3pm parade.

Disney officially says Check-In is at 3 PM. But you can "check-in" at the front desk at any time. Now there is a very good chance that a room won't be available in the morning. They will take your cell number & text you the room number when it is ready. After talking to the Front Desk, just take your luggage to Bell Services. Tell them that you are checking-in & the room isn't ready yet. And head off to whichever park you want to go to first. Bell Services will put your bags in your room while you are out having fun.

Now back to the parade. If May 10th is the only day you'll be in MK, then yes I'd say it's worth it to get there for the 3pm parade.

I would be worried about that if I opt for Fort Wilderness(given that campsites are exposed), but not so much with the hotels.

That's a tough one. Your first time at EPCOT and during the Flower and Garden Show...mmmmmm 2 hours less time there as opposed to 7 or 9 hours at MK. For me personally, I would say no probably due mostly to the food options at EPCOT vs MK. However, its your 1st time ever at Disneyworld and you've never seen any of their parades, go for it--it is a good daytime parade especially for one very great float! Have a fantastic time! I'm going next week so will miss u by a week--I'm going specifically for the Flower and Garden like I did last year.

That's a tough one. Your first time at EPCOT and during the Flower and Garden Show...mmmmmm 2 hours less time there as opposed to 7 or 9 hours at MK. For me personally, I would say no probably due mostly to the food options at EPCOT vs MK. However, its your 1st time ever at Disneyworld and you've never seen any of their parades, go for it--it is a good daytime parade especially for one very great float! Have a fantastic time! I'm going next week so will miss u by a week--I'm going specifically for the Flower and Garden like I did last year.

The Flower and Garden Festival isn't that important to.me, but the World Showcase is. My dates have yet to finalize, but I get paid monthly so I was thinking to bridge my expenses between May and June. Moved my travel to the end of May.

I didn't think Bell Services would take your bags to your room without someone there to receive them. At least, they didn't for my mom and I last year, and by the time we got back after fireworks bell services had closed and we ended up waiting until 3 am for our bags to arrive.

I didn't think Bell Services would take your bags to your room without someone there to receive them. At least, they didn't for my mom and I last year, and by the time we got back after fireworks bell services had closed and we ended up waiting until 3 am for our bags to arrive.

The campsites are out at least until the Christmas party trip since I will have a good enough discount to make a hotel room on property cost effective, so not really concerned with bell services for now, but good to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter