Figment meet?

Was hoping to hear soon.. we booked for 3 days in mid-September figuring he'd be there for Food & Wine.. now thinking maybe with the Disney 100 stuff which starts a few days after we get back. Might have to rearrange some things.

They weirdly just announced this week that beginning this fall Mickey and Minnie in their Disney 100 costumes would be meeting in the Imagination Pavilion.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...0-experiences-coming-to-epcot-this-september/

You're going to have TWO high profile meet and greets at the same location? Something seems off. Maybe Figment will have a more permanent space?
Imagination pavilion can honestly reflect three spots imho
Image works where Joy & Vanelope meet
Magic Eye Theater where Mickey meets adjacent to the Pixar shorts holding area
The area where the early 00s figment meet was held which is now the Visa Card Member meet of either mickey/Goofy or minnie/Pluto

I don't quite understand how they've announced late Sept start dates for the platinum meet and greets, but still no date for Figment who was meant to be "late summer" 🥲

I don't quite understand how they've announced late Sept start dates for the platinum meet and greets, but still no date for Figment who was meant to be "late summer" 🥲

It's hard to put a lot of faith in Walt Disney World management, but maybe this upcoming Figment meet and greet is a little more than just the old Figment puppet? Are they going to pull a Disneyland and try something more a kin to Grogu?

Dreamfinder is dead, so I don't know.

Imagination pavilion can honestly reflect three spots imho
Image works where Joy & Vanelope meet
Magic Eye Theater where Mickey meets adjacent to the Pixar shorts holding area
The area where the early 00s figment meet was held which is now the Visa Card Member meet of either mickey/Goofy or minnie/Pluto

That's just a lot of meet and greets in one location. Although the Disney 100 characters would be temporary since supposedly the Mickey & Friends Communicore building will open eventually.

I do wonder if they're waiting for Mickey and Minnie to move into CoumminiCore Hall, then moving Fignment into their old meet and greet spot?

Starting to worry that this is one of those things they quietly cancel without ever announcing it. It’s late July, and there’s been zero updates since they said “late summer” months ago. I thought surely our late August trip would be fine for late summer, but am suspecting that’s not the case. My 8 year old who has been obsessed with Figment asks me for updates at least a couple of times every week.

Starting to worry that this is one of those things they quietly cancel without ever announcing it. It’s late July, and there’s been zero updates since they said “late summer” months ago. I thought surely our late August trip would be fine for late summer, but am suspecting that’s not the case. My 8 year old who has been obsessed with Figment asks me for updates at least a couple of times every week.
I still think figment comes to Epcot when communicore comes but gets teased for runners during the half/after party of wine and dine

New permits seem to have been filed for the Imagination Pavilion that seem to be coinciding with the 100th Celebration stuff. Might have to push my trip back a week or two. Fingers crossed!

I still think figment comes to Epcot when communicore comes but gets teased for runners during the half/after party of wine and dine
I just don’t understand why they would say the meet and greet is coming in late summer if this is the case.

I too hope to see Figment on an upcoming trip this Fall. I wonder if Disney likes jerking our chains, teasing us with such info. then retracting? :(

I too hope to see Figment on an upcoming trip this Fall. I wonder if Disney likes jerking our chains, teasing us with such info. then retracting? :(
At this point I’m starting to wonder if it’s even happening, or if this is yet another unannounced cancellation that just never happens - like the Magic Kingdom theater, Mary Poppins ride, etc.

You’d think that would be less likely with a meet and greet since they’re much less complicated, but the whole timeline on it has just been weird.

At this point I’m starting to wonder if it’s even happening, or if this is yet another unannounced cancellation that just never happens - like the Magic Kingdom theater, Mary Poppins ride, etc.

You’d think that would be less likely with a meet and greet since they’re much less complicated, but the whole timeline on it has just been weird.
A week or so ago they curtained off vanelope and it’s assumed it’s to redress the area for figment

A week or so ago they curtained off vanelope and it’s assumed it’s to redress the area for figment
According to some CMs who handle the Meet and Greets, Figment was supposed to start before Vanellope ended. And Disney has also said that Minnie and Mickey will be meeting in that area in their 100 year costumes. So it could be, but I don’t know that it’s a for sure thing that Figment will be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter