Film Developing at Disney?

Naisy68

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know what the cost of film developing is at DISNEY?

I will have regular 35mm film 24 pictures each and I will want doubles.

I don't want to spend too much but I'd like to have them developed while we are there so that I don't have to worry about the airport x-ray machines ruining my pictures.

I've already checked into snapfish.com and that would cost me around $8.00 a roll.

I'd like to bring my film home IF I could figure out a surefire way of getting them through the airports safely.

YIKES!!! :earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

It's $12.50 for SINGLE prints! I was curious myself, and called to find out. With tax, that comes to $13.30!!!!!!

Will you have a car? You could try taking it to a local drugstore (Walgreen's is my favorite) and have it done there.

If not, I'd say Snapfish is your best option.

LAst few trips, I bought single prints. I liked the security of knowing the photos came out, while I was still there. IT was rpicey, but there's usually a promotion -- one year we got a pin every time we developed a roll which my 4 year old DD used as her traders, another year we got a Kodak disposable camera with every roll we developed.

As a teenager, I went to CA (including DL) with a family friend, and NONE of my photos came out -- and I was devastated. I did't know until I got home that I was not loading the new camera properly! So, I've been willing to pay for the security of SEEING my pictures beofre I get home. (Now I have a digital...so I can see them...but I am so fearful of technical malfunctions!!:eek: )

As for your options: Mailing them to a mail away company might be worthwhile. Others who have had a car have taken film off property to be developed inexpensively. Lastly at a camera shop, you can purchase a special "xray proof" carbon bag to keep film safe. I've used it for unexposed and exposed film - because if you are bringing your own film, it will go through xrays twice. (Also, carry film, don't put it in checked luggage. If checked luggae is Xrayed, it is s amuch stronger xray!)

Hope that helps!

I bring stamped padded envelopes with me and mail the undeveloped film back home and then bring them to Walmart after we get home.

I haven't used a film camera for a few years now, so this may be dated advice but:

First, airport scanners will not hurt your film.

Second, avoid having your film processed at WDW -- they are very expensive. (Similarly, don't buy film or batteries there either -- same reason.)

Third, consider using a developing service that gives you post-paid mailers to send your film in. Then after you've taken your pictures, just put it in the envelope along with a check (or cc info) and drop it in the mailbox. In many cases your pictures will be waiting for you when you get home. I used to use Mystic Color Labs for this.

Thank you for all of the advice -

I won't be having it developed at Disney...
I think that I will investigate the x-ray film bags and see what I can find around here. That would be the most affordable way for us. We are depending on Disney Transportation so having the pics developed off property is not an option for us. I like the idea of having it developed for $5.00 a roll at our local HyVee store. They do an excellent job and it doesn't cost an arm or leg.

Thanks again for your responses and advice, Renee::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter