FINAL LIST 10/28/11 - 9th Annual DVC Christmas Tree Exchange

MrShiny

DIS Veteran

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING TO THE THREAD

The Dates of the tree passing are November 13, 2011 to January 8, 2012.

RESQUESTS FOR TREES ARE NOW CLOSED.

This is our 9th Year of passing a Christmas Tree from DVC Families to DVC Families: "Spreading a Little DVC Holiday Magic."

IF YOU ARE ON THE LIST:
Please EMAIL ME mrshiny@gmail.com with the name that the reservation is under to confirm your particiption.

DONORS:
The tree should be decorated, 2-1/2 to 3 feet (no bigger than 4 feet, please).

You'll send it to the resort to the attention of the first person and then it will be passed to other members and shipped back to you.

You should include some ornaments, lights, extension cord(s), a list of families 9in addition to the one on the box), an envelope for shipping money donations, tape and a marker. Optionally you can include gifts for each family and a return shipping label (prepaid if you can).

If you have questions about donating a tree please send a PM me.

TREE FAMILIES:
Pick up the tree at Bell Services on the day of arrival after 11 am. There will be a envelope for donations in each tree box to help with shipping the trees to and from the resorts.

Please drop the tree off on the date of your departure at 11 am with Bell Services for the next family. Cross your name off the list on the outside of the tree box. Many families also add an ornament to the tree.

When dropping the tree off with Bell Services, please point out to the CM who the next family that will be picking up the tree. Also, get the name of the CM who you left the tree with.

Occasionally, a tree is misplaced by a CM. Please don't spend your vacation tracking down the tree. Allow Bell Services to look for you!

NOTE: THE DAY YOU PICK A TREE MAY NOT BE THE DAY YOU ARRIVE. THE DAY YOU DROP OFF A TREE MAY NOT BE THE DAY YOU CHECK OUT. This is to share the trees with the greatest number of families.

SEE LIST ON PAGE 9

Happy Holidays to You and Your Family! Thank you for sharing a little Magic with us!

Hi MrShiny,

Glad to see a new thread is posted, I replied to your PM. I was out of town when you sent it. If you need any help with tracking the thread or if I have any helpful advice from past years I will post them.

Elf Jim.

Looking to participate, we would like to share in the fun. We will be at BLT 12/8 through 12/16/2011. I will PM you on September 1st as requested above. Thanks for doing this!

Thanks for organizing!
Will be happy to donate a tree. Sent you a PM.

Thanks for organizing! Would love to participate in this! I will PM you on 9/1/11.

This will be our first Christmas visit to WDW. So excited!
We will be at BLT 12/20/11 - 12/27/11.

:santa:

Great! Looks like we need someone to donate a BLT tree. Hmmm, should it be a shiny aluminum one with a color wheel to fit in with the theme there?

Great! Looks like we need someone to donate a BLT tree. Hmmm, should it be a shiny aluminum one with a color wheel to fit in with the theme there?

It was so cold in January 2010, but the BLT tree in the lobby was gorgeous!:thumbsup2
BG

Mr. Shiny I sent you a pm regarding donation of a tree. Will also pm you on the 1st. AKV 12/24-12/26 and then BLT 12/26-12/29.

Sorry MrShiny, I have been crazy busy last month. I know I usually start the thread july 1st for the families that are donating and Aug. 1st for families that wanted to share a tree. I was kinda thinking in my head to push it back a month and here I am and it started without me, LOL

Thank you for organizing this. I have participated in this for the last 3 years. Awaiting Sept 1.

OK, these resorts are without tree donations so far:

BEACH CLUB VILLAS
BOARDWALK VILLAS
OLD KEY WEST
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT (SSR & THV)

If you are staying at one of these and interested in the tree exchange, consider stepping up! I did see some goo trees online at the Linens 'n Things site, and I'm sure some Googling will turn up more.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter