Final Parking questions- I think LOL

raelee

Earning My Ears
to verify-

Renting a car and staying at CS- is parking free there?

When I park at another resort I get a 3 hour "pass" for free parking to eat/investigate, yes?

If I want to ride the monorail to Epcot- youngest loves this- can I park at the TTC?

As a Disney Resort Guest, you may park in virtually any guest parking lot unrestricted, and for free. This includes Theme Parks, Water Parks, Disney Resorts, and Downtown Disney. (Note: Valet parking may be additional)

Originally posted by GoldenOldie
"MAY" be additional? You can tell Tyler doesn't valet park very often. ;) LOL

:teeth: Well, you do have to admit that valet parking is free for some guests. DVC Members do not pay for valet parking at BWV, VWL or BCV, and there is no charge to valet park if you have a valid handicapped permit. :teeth:

Originally posted by GoldenOldie
"MAY" be additional? You can tell Tyler doesn't valet park very often. ;) LOL

Actually, there are some cases where it is free. I remember when I had an Annual Pass to PI, valet parking was free to me on certain days. Also, like Carol said, DVC members get free Valet parking.

In addition, I've heard stories about some guests just not being charged for it on thier room bill. *shrug*

Not sure whether all resorts do it but it is fair for resorts to issue 3 hour parking permits for the close in lots both to day guests and to guests from different resorts.

Even other on-site guests can overcrowd the parking at places like Boardwalk (Epcot) and Grand Floridian (MK).

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Originally posted by Chip 'n Dale Express
As a Disney Resort Guest, you may park in virtually any guest parking lot unrestricted, and for free. This includes Theme Parks, Water Parks, Disney Resorts, and Downtown Disney. (Note: Valet parking may be additional)

Tyler,

Are you absolutely sure that this is still true and UNRESTRICTED for all resorts? Other users comments in this and other threads indicate they have needed priority seating arrangements to park and/or are receiving limited time passes even though they are resort guests. I'm planning a trip (in 2 weeks) and hoping to check out and dine in a number of resorts on the way to and from the parks. If I can't keep the car there for the day, I'll need to change my plans. Is there any official documentation about resort guest parking privileges that you could steer me to? THANKS!

Originally posted by jwood_disney
Tyler,

Are you absolutely sure that this is still true and UNRESTRICTED for all resorts? Other users comments in this and other threads indicate they have needed priority seating arrangements to park and/or are receiving limited time passes even though they are resort guests. I'm planning a trip (in 2 weeks) and hoping to check out and dine in a number of resorts on the way to and from the parks. If I can't keep the car there for the day, I'll need to change my plans. Is there any official documentation about resort guest parking privileges that you could steer me to? THANKS!

My best friend works Security... I'll ask her to double check. However, as far as I know... it is for the most part unrestricted. The only times when restrictions are put in place are during heavy busy times for resorts close to parks. (ie: Contemporary, Yacht, Beach, Boardwalk)... Those resorts might issue 3hr passes during those times.

Whenever we went to the Poly for church services (before they cancelled them) we got a three hour parking pass. This was anytime. Recent years we went in February, May, June, October, November, and December.

Ed

I've been given 3 hour permits at both the Polynesian and Contemporary during uncrowded times. For MK resorts, you can park at the TTC and take the monorail to the resort you want to see.

The only times when restrictions are put in place are during heavy busy times for resorts close to parks. (ie: Contemporary, Yacht, Beach, Boardwalk)... Those resorts might issue 3hr passes during those times.

There are signs at every resort within walking distance to the parks that the parking there is NOT for admittance to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter