Find me something from Pete's bookshelf

Mozart

There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me
Okay, awhile back, I think it was last summer, the podcast crew had a discussion about a Disney guidebook that had just come out. They had received promotional copies of it. It was filled with alot of trivia type material. I remember the discussion they had was about POTC, and how the book was filled with little details about the ride such as what a character says, or the inspiration behind one of the scenes. I also remember that it was written by a husband and wife team who, literally, rode the rides over and over and over again until they had picked up every little detail from them.

I meant to take a look at the book back then, but forgot about it, and cannot remember the name of it. If anyone knows, can you please post it here? (Yeah, it's a longshot. I know.)

Thanks.

The Complete Walt Disney World by Julie and Mike Neal

It is a great book.

Another vote for "The Complete Walt Disney World" being a great book. It is full of "eye candy" (photos) and it is the first non-official book to have pictures.

While it does have touring information, I consider it to be more about WDW than a guide book per say and therefore will have a lot longer shelf life. It is a great way to remember your trip.

it is a great read, and a great resource. if you know people that are going for the first time, this is a great guide to get them to understand just how much there is to see and do in WDW, with color photos and everything.

I bought this one aswell. The book was great and pictures really helped us get a feel for WDW. But for a firsttimes book, I did prefer the unofficial guide.

Here's another vote for The Complete Walt Disney World. As others have said, I would consider it more as a book on trivia about WDW, rather than for touring WDW.

When I was planning my Uncle and Aunt's trip to WDW last July, I took it over (as well as my PassPorter and Unofficial Guide). However, after going over the parks with them (it was their first time, and wanted to hit 3 parks in one day...and it was the day they landed at MCO...of course...silly non-Disney Dorks...) I realized it was not a book for beginners.

However, I love this book. Can't wait to see the new edition! Didn't even know it was coming out. Thanks Corey!

Does the Dis have an Amazon affliate link? I was thinking about buying one of the books Kevin mentioned in an earlier thread (Realityland) and thought I'd try to do it through the site. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter