Finding the unicorn- Subsidized Aulani

Ashlotte

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone. After many, many years of wishing, I talked DH into buying into Aulani. What I'd really like is a subsidized contract, but I need a reality check on how often those become available and how hard they are to find.

Right now I have a spreadsheet with ten different companies listed and check them daily, but some of the sites are set up in way where you have to go in and check each contract individually to see the dues and any details. I also have downloaded three apps that are supposed to send out alerts and have contacted each of the companies to tell them what I am looking for and to please keep me in mind if something comes up. Is there anything else I should be doing? It feels labor intensive and ineffective to be clicking on each of these contracts multiple times per day. Any other advice?

The other option is to just buy a regular account quickly before DH gets cold feet, which is likely. But I am a frugal person, and I know I would enjoy my stay at Aulani more if I knew it cost less in dues.

Edited to add: All of our vacations are spoken for up until June of 2023, so I have time to wait, but worry prices could rise with all of the inflation.

Last edited:
The board sponsor is the biggest and it has an option in the search for subsidized. Get a broker there and tell them you are ready to make an offer.

The board sponsor is the biggest and it has an option in the search for subsidized. Get a broker there and tell them you are ready to make an offer.

Thank you! I had contacted them, but didn't see that as one of the search options. Thanks!

I would not trust apps or an agent looking. I tried that route and never had a hit.
I was just looking at my email of new offerings from one of the reputable resellers and there it was - just what I was looking for.
I immediately made an offer and it was sent to ROFR today.

Is there anything else I should be doing? It feels labor intensive and ineffective to be clicking on each of these contracts multiple times per day. Any other advice?
I'd suggest calling and establishing a relationship with someone at each of the major brokers and let them know you are in the market for a subsidized dues contract. They sometimes are having discussions with sellers who are considering selling that might be a fit. I've purchased contracts before they were ever listed by doing it this way. You can also post on DVC Facebook groups. You never know what you might find. Beyond that, just keep doing you daily listings check at the major resale websites.

If you are on top of it and regularly checking the multiple brokers that are out there I think you'll be surprised with how quickly you will find a subsidized contract. It might be because there are fewer eyeballs on them so the contracts don't get snatched up as quickly, but I have had better luck finding subsidized contracts at good prices at the more off-the-run not DVC specific brokers than the bigger ones.

If you are on top of it and regularly checking the multiple brokers that are out there I think you'll be surprised with how quickly you will find a subsidized contract. It might be because there are fewer eyeballs on them so the contracts don't get snatched up as quickly, but I have had better luck finding subsidized contracts at good prices at the more off-the-run not DVC specific brokers than the bigger ones.

If it doesn't violate forum rules, could you give me some examples of where to look? Thank you.

Is this your first contract? Or do you have any others that match this UY?

This is our first contract, so no issues with use year. It is a June use year and my first choice was March, but this will work fine. My last choice was December, so I'm glad it's not that. I was willing to take anything to get a sub account, but the UY is a decent fit and the point amount is perfect. Woo hoo!

Just sent the paperwork in. :cool1:

Interesting, I thought they didn't work on weekends? I wonder if the brokers are off but other staff work on weekends.

I was thinking the same. Some of them barely respond to emails on weekdays.
Maybe admin staff post new listings. I’ve yet to have any of their Brokers email me on a weekend. It’s always the following Monday or Tuesday.

For those interested, the board sponsor has a new Aulani subsidized contract with March UY!

Arg! We are sale pending on subsidized Aulani contract for June for less points. This posting would definitely have been a better fit for us (our ideal use year and more points).

I hope someone on the board snags this one!

Thank you for posting! I would love to keep this thread alive with other subsidized finds for those of us who are looking.

I was also watching AUL (as well as GVC, as a Californian) but that's not my UY.
Currently so many Jun and Aug UY listings are out there but they are not mine. Is it because the months are coming? I wonder if the trend is seasonally different or consistent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter