Fireworks Dessert Party.

middieline7608

Earning My Ears
We are headed down this summer for 10 days. I want to surprise the wife and 3 kids (6,4,1) with a dessert party, but I am not sure which one is the best for families? Any Advice would be awesome!

We have done two of them, both at Magic Kingdom - Tomorrowland Terrace and Garden Plaza. Our kids were 2 and 6, for first Tomorrowland Terrace; and then 6 and 10 for Garden Plaza.

Our experience was that we enjoyed the Tomorrowland Terrace better, which is why are doing that one again in May. The Garden Plaza was a bit cheaper, but we felt that we were fighting for our spot on the grass, with others pushing and moving the entire time. Tomorrowland Terrace, same desserts as the Garden Plaza, but no moving to the grass. We felt this had a better view, although it wasn't directly centered. No biggie, as the view was over people's heads rather than looking through people. Also, the view of Tinkerbell was the best at the terrace! She flew right over our heads.

Also, a thought, since you have the one year old, if I remember right, you have to park your stroller outside of Tomorrowland Terrace. If that's a concern at all, I would research about the stroller accommodation. I know we had one last time, but my daughter was much older and could last through the fireworks.

What a great surprise!

It really depends if you want seating, but not the best view of the fireworks or standing in the garden with a more direct view. We prefer the garden for the view.

How crowded does the garden get? I have this booked for April.
We went in April when we did the Garden Plaza, I wouldn't say it was crowded. But, as everyone was filling in, before we knew it, someone would stand in the space right in front of us, that we were trying to leave open for viewing. Did we still have a great time? YES! Completely! Just gets aggravating, ya know? Good thing is, looking back, is that we weren't in the general crowd - which WAS crowded. We still saw the castle and fireworks and cried, it was our last night there.

I definitely think it's worth it, we had a fabulous time at both.

We are big fans of the dessert party! We have enjoyed several and continue to do them every year. We have enjoyed the Magic Kingdom before fireworks Plaza Garden dessert party (once), Magic Kingdom after fireworks Plaza Garden dessert party (twice and booked again this year) and the Frozen Ever After dessert party at Epcot (once). Our favorite is the Magic Kingdom after fireworks Plaza Garden dessert party mainly because while everyone else (before fireworks crew) is eating desserts we have our spot in the garden to hang out and chill while we wait for the fireworks. It doesn't get very crowded in the garden either as there are two spaces for the dessert parties. After the fireworks when crowds are crazy leaving the park, we have a relaxing space to enjoy desserts. We've never tried terrace view mainly because I haven't heard great things about the view.

We went to the frozen dessert party and the one on the terrace last year. We aren't going to do the frozen one again. It was fun, however, the magic kingdom was better. The view from the terrace was really good, and tinker bell flies right at you. My kids loved it and the desserts were all really good. We skipped dinner that night and went to the dessert party and our kids thought they were really something special. Also, with little kids it prevented anyone from standing right in front of us and we had a chair to sit in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter