Fireworks view from 4th floor observation deck at Contemporary

You need to be staying at the Contemporary. From what I have been seeing the guards are strict on letting non-guests in.

You can pretty much see from anywhere on there. Granted the only time I've done it from there was as part of a dine-around tour. As long as the people in front actually sit in the seats (and don't stand leaning up against the railing), then anyone standing behind them can see (unless there are multiple rows of people of course).

The big thing now is not being able to see the castle projections (if any).

As well as the Pandemic related limits to resort access, as mentioned by Belle1962.

You need to be staying at the Contemporary. From what I have been seeing the guards are strict on letting non-guests in.
Are you saying guards have been restricting guests from parking at the resort without an ADR or guards have been screening people walking into the building to make sure they are guests?

When we last stayed at the Contemporary in 2019, that patio was a great place to view the fireworks and then since we were already at our hotel, you didn't have to fight the crowds leaving the park when it was over. We could see all of the fireworks and whatever the light show on the castle we couldn't see, but enjoyed everything else. Anyone staying at a monorail resort could view the fireworks from there. There is no restriction on which other monorail resort can visit the others (Polynesian monorail stop currently closed for construction). There was plenty of seating and not that many people there. As I recall, part of the patio was closed off one night for some sort of private party taking place, but the other part was still open to the public.

The parking situation relates to people trying to game the MK parking fees (park for free at Contemporary then walk to MK) and Disney is wise to that. They also don't want the parking lot to fill up with MK guests such that those actually staying there have no place to park.

Last edited:
We had a hard time on the patio and did 2 different things:
1. go to the bridge to BLT
2. climb up a few flights and go out on the fire escape (?) decks. Don't forget to prop open the door!

My friends have 8:15 pm dinner reservations at Chef Mickey. Where can they see the MK fire works from the contemporary? Is the observation area next to Cali grill open? TIA

There is a balcony/deck area, which is pretty large right outside the shops. You can also view them from the bridge that connects CR to BLT in the same area.

I don’t think you can go up Cali Grill area without a reservation, but maybe you can go up for a drink.

I own at BLT, I have watched the fireworks from CR balcony, the bridge, Cali Grill and TOWL. Any place is a good place. They made be able to catch the EWP from CR too. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter