Fireworks Viewing from BLT/Contemporary

Indecisive

Mouseketeer
Please forgive me, as I am sure this has been asked a million times. I did do a search, but did not within a reasonable amount of time find the answer to this question. We are staying at BLT (standard view) with rented points. I understand that we will not have access to the Top of the World. My DS7 really wants to see Wishes, but it doesn't start until 10pm, way past his bedtime! Where are the nearest public areas where we would have a decent view of Wishes and where I could scoot him right back to bed? Can the fireworks be seen from the skyway bridge between BLT and CR? Is music piped to that location? I read some older posts about a viewing area on the 4th floor of CR. Is that still open? If so, how early do you need to get there in order to get a decent viewing spot? Thank you!

Though I have not tried there , you should be able to see them from the bridge. Another option is to have the member from whom you are renting put in a request for a room in the front of the building. The standard views are on floors 2 through 4 there and those rooms actually can see the fireworks (fourth floor was previoulsy a theme park view floor). Rooms along the outer north wall can also see fireworks looking to the left from the balcony. Other than the above, you will need to be somewhere in front of BLT tp be able to see fireworks.

1. Can the fireworks be seen from the skyway bridge between BLT and CR?
  2. Is music piped to that location?
  3. I read some older posts about a viewing area on the 4th floor of CR. Is that still open?

1. Yes
  2. It's supposed to be
  3. Yes

Yea run your little one to the bridge. You will be fine. Most of the fireworks are shot up behind the park but basically behind Space Mountain. If you want you can also walk over the the observation deck at the contemporary. Both locations will give you the music but the deck will also give you the monorail going over your head. Being a boy that may be more interesting to him then the fireworks. Make sure to take some time and go over to fort wilderness. You can go horse back riding plus he can take archery lessons... Also you can run him out to the walkway between the BLT and CR dock. They show movies on a blow up screen plus out by the BLT pool there is a gas fired camp fire. It is supposed to help control mosquitoes but is also a nice location where you can watch the boats dock at the CR plus the electric water parade. You may consider shift his bed times if possible. Also make sure to take the river boat ride in the MK. Stay on the lower deck, you can watch the steam engines working. Lastly, consider buying points for yourself. You can go aftermarket and not pay too much. Something to consider... Have a great time.

Thank you for your patient responses! So, at the resort, do they have the event times set up such that you could do the camp fire, the movie, see the electric water parade, and see wishes all in one night and all from the resort grounds? That would be awesome.

Yep, the movie is a sliding time but usually after dark. Check in the community center at BLT and they will tell you the times. You can also borrow DVDs i think (you may have to be a member, don't know but there is a dvd player in the room)... The water parade is around 10:30 or something (the Contemporary is the last location on its run so it may be closer to 11) and the fireworks are 9 or 10 (depending on park closing time).... You will have to check times... I would think the community room CMs can give you the times to everything. Nothing should be going on at the same time but some may be close time wise but everything is close proximity wise. You can also see the water parade from the movie location or really any place along bay lake... IMHO, BLT/CR are the best locations. If you listen really closely you can hear the guests cheering from the MK... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter