First a Little Pomp & Circumstance,then a Whole Lot of Disney Dining! COMPLETE

OMG, LOVE LOVE LOVE BBVD!!!! I'm actually staying an extra day to see them. Plus I just found out they are performing a free concert in Denver after the Tour of Colorado bike race is over in a couple of weeks...I'm so there!

Jill in CO

Yay!!! Another BBVD fan! :cool1:

IMG_4010.jpg

2010 Food & Wine Festival Performance

IMG_4008.jpg

I wish I lived closer to Denver so we could have a mini-Dismeet while listening to "Go Daddy-O". :rockband: Anyway, I was just looking at their website to see if by chance they were playing anywhere in Illinois and sadly they are not. :sad2: But I did find out two new things. First that they have a new album coming out next month. :woohoo: The second is that they are from Southern California, which is your neck of the woods, right Brenda??? Have you and Michael ever "jumped and jived" to the music of Big Bad Voodoo Daddy??? :banana:

Narcoossee's looks great. I almost ate there with DBFF on a previous trip, but she decided right before we left that she didn't want to "waste" 2 of our dining plan credits anywhere, so I ended up replacing it with Kouzzina. I loved Kouzzina, but I will get to Narcoossee's someday, even if it means taking a solo trip.

There's a possibility that I might do a DR in December and it's official, we'll be at Pop from 12/10 to 12/14 with the free QSDP. I still need to book a room only for the 2 days before that stay, and I think we'll have a couple TS meals over those 2 days. If you want to update the list with my dates, that would be great. And thanks for compiling the upcoming trip list!

Before proceeding with the writing of Part II of my Narcoossee's review, I'd like to share with you all the "happenings" of our day yesterday, DD2's "move back to college" day.

And so here it goes...

We got a late start of course (because that's just how the jabead family rolls :rolleyes:), but finally (and barely, I might add ;)) we got all of DD2's stuff packed into her car and our mini-van. And yes, the girl has that much stuff!!! :eek: My DH teased her that he used to return to college ever year on his motorcycle. :lmao: Anyway, we (DH and I in van, DD and her brother in car) were on the road for less than a half hour when we discovered that they had just closed a road (on our usual route) that morning for a construction project and we were forced to take an alternate route which was miles out of the way. :( Then of course it started pouring down rain. But with our current drought conditions, we were actually happy about this. And it was also a lucky thing because we then noticed that DD's car had one headlight out when she had to turn her lights on during the rain. So anyway, the Student Housing Rental office was closing at 5:00 so we really had to step on it to make it in time. But we made it through their door at about 4:45. Of course, they were all getting ready to go home, so looked at us like we were, "a wad of gum stuck to their new shoes". :rolleyes: Someone finally decided that they could do their job and spend the 5 minutes with us that it took to explain all the rules etc. and get our checking account information so they could "rob us blind every month". :lmao: So with her keys in hand and a detour stop at the NAPA Auto Parts store for a new headlight, we finally made it to her house to start unloading. Let me first tell you though that when she leased this 7 bdrm house along with some friends last Spring, she was told (but not in writing) that her room would include a full-size bed, dresser, and a desk. And so walking into her bedroom with her first load of stuff, we immediately see that there is only a bed in the room. We call the number we were given to contact with any problems, only to be told that they never provide desks and the dressers are on order but they had no idea when they would be arriving. :headache: So as soon as the stuff was unloaded, it was off to Walmart in search of a desk. About $150 later :eek:, she was the proud owner of a desk (partially made of cardboard :rolleyes:) and a folding chair. But of course, what took about 15 minutes to pick out and purchase took DH more than 3 hours to nail/screw together! Yes, there were 22 steps!!! :scared1: Anyway, while he and DS were working on that little project, DD and I decided to start making her bed with all the very nice Full-size bedding we had purchased on sale for her over the summer. Well, guess what??? The Full-size bed was actually a Queen! :rolleyes: So if you haven't guessed yet, it was back to Walmart for some "cheap" bedding at a "not so cheap" price. :mad:

And so finally at 10:45 last night we were ready for our teary-eyed goodbyes. My tears were because I will dearly miss my daughter, as I have so enjoyed having her around again this summer. As for my DD's tears, I highly suspect they were tears of joy to finally be getting rid of us. :lmao:

Okay, thanks for letting me rant just a little. ;) I'll try to get to Part II tonight.

:scared1: :hug::sad::sad:

Great idea to create your own surf and turf! :)

I'm curious: was your filet butterflied or was it actually two pieces?

You have me missing Narcoossee's even more than I already was! We always eat there but decided to branch out this time around and booked Sanaa instead. Sigh...I'm waffling over here... ;)

To be fair, I can't imagine any mashed potatoes being better than the ones at Yachtsman...mmmm.... :cloud9:

Finally got Part III of the Narcoosee's review posted. Sorry for the delay but I wanted to add a few non-food bonus pics, which I needed to upload and edit. Here is the LINK.

That strawberry shortcake looks heavenly and so does the martini. Thank you so much for posting the fireworks pics and the Electrical Parade. The view from Narcoosee's deck is spectacular.

Your Narcoossee review has me longing for the almond crusted cheesecake. :love: Definitely a dessert worthy of the Tinker Bell rating. :thumbsup2 Love all the pictures of the fireworks! Looks like a fantastic end to an evening.

Thank you for the photos! I really loved them. It nearly brings a tear to my eye to know that we'll be there soon. :cloud9:

That Godiva martini is looking pretty darn good to me right now and it's early in the morning...and I'm at work! :rotfl2:

So my mind is made up..... I must book another WDW trip to experience some of the wonderful restaurants you have dined at this trip such as Narcoosees, Bistro de Paris, and Jiko. Oh, and Flying Fish is out there as well.

I love how you are already planning another trip to WDW, even before you leave on this one...which, btw, is only 2 days from now!!! :woohoo:
Anyway, it reminds me very much of someone else I know...very, very well. :rolleyes1

There's a possibility that I might do a DR in December and it's official, we'll be at Pop from 12/10 to 12/14 with the free QSDP. I still need to book a room only for the 2 days before that stay, and I think we'll have a couple TS meals over those 2 days. If you want to update the list with my dates, that would be great. And thanks for compiling the upcoming trip list!

Ok, I've got your info added to the list and I really, really hope you do a DR. :)

Yep, my emotions exactly! ;)

Great idea to create your own surf and turf! :)

I'm curious: was your filet butterflied or was it actually two pieces?

To be honest I don't really remember but in looking at the pic, it sure looks like there are two separate pieces of meat, one on top of the other. :thumbsup2

You have me missing Narcoossee's even more than I already was! We always eat there but decided to branch out this time around and booked Sanaa instead. Sigh...I'm waffling over here... ;)

To be fair, I can't imagine any mashed potatoes being better than the ones at Yachtsman...mmmm.... :cloud9:

Hopefully this won't make the "waffling" even worse, but if it were me I would choose Narcoossee's over Sanaa. :thumbsup2 Although I wouldn't say that Narcoossee's is one of my favorites, I do like it way more than Sanaa. Our one experience there (Lunch in May 2011) was less than impressive. But then again, I'm probably the only one here that doesn't love Sanaa so maybe it's just me. :confused3 :lmao:

Hopefully this won't make the "waffling" even worse, but if it were me I would choose Narcoossee's over Sanaa. :thumbsup2 Although I wouldn't say that Narcoossee's is one of my favorites, I do like it way more than Sanaa. Our one experience there (Lunch in May 2011) was less than impressive. But then again, I'm probably the only one here that doesn't love Sanaa so maybe it's just me. :confused3 :lmao:

Nope, we didn't love it either. I wanted to but we just didn't. Planning to try it again this trip to see if we just caught it on an off day or if we just truly don't like that type of food. Course I am already (to use your word) "waffling" and thinking of other places we could go instead.

We are really looking forward to Narcoossees. I have never really wanted to go there until the recent reviews here on the Dis. Now I think it is one of the meals I am most looking forward to!

Wow, I haven't been on here much past few days and had a lot to catch up on! Really looking forward to Narcoossee's now! That almond crusted cheesecake always looks so good but I'm not a cheesecake lover so I'm guessing I won't be trying it!

I can't even fathom sending my "baby" to college. I'm having a hard enough time dealing with 4th grade! :lmao: At least I know when he's in college he won't be looking to me for help with homework - I'm quite sure I won't have any idea what he's doing!!!

Thanks for the wonderful Narcoosees's review! Unfortunately out of the seafood restaurants I will subject my hubby to this one is at the bottom of the list. I would LOVE to try the almond cheesecake sometime though!!

That strawberry shortcake looks heavenly and so does the martini. Thank you so much for posting the fireworks pics and the Electrical Parade. The view from Narcoosee's deck is spectacular.

Yes, it did look really good, didn't it? I'm not sure why she only rated it as a "Wendy"? But then again, I didn't taste it since I was quite content with devouring my cheesecake. ;)

Your Narcoossee review has me longing for the almond crusted cheesecake. :love: Definitely a dessert worthy of the Tinker Bell rating. :thumbsup2 Love all the pictures of the fireworks! Looks like a fantastic end to an evening.

Yes, it turned out to be a perfect ending for the last night of our trip! ::yes:: I'm so glad that our plans got changed, because Plan B was so much better! :thumbsup2

Thank you for the photos! I really loved them. It nearly brings a tear to my eye to know that we'll be there soon. :cloud9:

That Godiva martini is looking pretty darn good to me right now and it's early in the morning...and I'm at work! :rotfl2:

Doesn't the restaurant in the store where you work have a bar??? :confused3 Just kidding, of course. ;)

Nope, we didn't love it either. I wanted to but we just didn't. Planning to try it again this trip to see if we just caught it on an off day or if we just truly don't like that type of food. Course I am already (to use your word) "waffling" and thinking of other places we could go instead.

We are really looking forward to Narcoossees. I have never really wanted to go there until the recent reviews here on the Dis. Now I think it is one of the meals I am most looking forward to!

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who is not in love with Sanaa. But if you have a really good experience this time around, I might consider giving it another try sometime. ;)

Wow, I haven't been on here much past few days and had a lot to catch up on! Really looking forward to Narcoossee's now! That almond crusted cheesecake always looks so good but I'm not a cheesecake lover so I'm guessing I won't be trying it!

I can't even fathom sending my "baby" to college. I'm having a hard enough time dealing with 4th grade! :lmao: At least I know when he's in college he won't be looking to me for help with homework - I'm quite sure I won't have any idea what he's doing!!!

Too bad you don't like cheesecake, 'cause the Narcoossee's one is a definite winner! But I'm sure that you will be able to find another good dessert there...did you see that table full of Narcoossee's desserts from DonaldDoleWhip's last Dining Report? :cloud9:

Thanks for the wonderful Narcoosees's review! Unfortunately out of the seafood restaurants I will subject my hubby to this one is at the bottom of the list. I would LOVE to try the almond cheesecake sometime though!!

Yes, I have to agree with you, Paula. Narcoossee's is really not one of my favorite Disney restaurants anymore. For seafood restaurants, I prefer Flying Fish and now also Blue Zoo. But my DD1 still loves it so I'm sure we will continue to include it on our family trips. And I'm okay with that...as long as they keep that cheesecake on their menu! ;)

I had one of the chocolate martinis at Le Cellier in June.

DSC03521.jpg

Mine even had chocolate shavings in it. Very yummy !!

Enjoying your reviews very much !! Looking forward to more !!

I had one of the chocolate martinis at Le Cellier in June.

DSC03521.jpg

Mine even had chocolate shavings in it. Very yummy !!

Enjoying your reviews very much !! Looking forward to more !!

Mmmm...that does look and sound very yummy! And I am enjoying your reviews as well. Which reminds me that I need to get over there and read your updates from today. :thumbsup2

Oh, and speaking of reviews...would you mind if I added your upcoming trip info to my LIST? As of now, I just have you arriving sometime around Nov. 20 and staying at BLT.

Wow, that Narcoossee's menu looks so good. We haven't been there in 4 years, need to remedy that! I love those Godiva chocolate martini's way too much....;)

Mmmm...that does look and sound very yummy! And I am enjoying your reviews as well. Which reminds me that I need to get over there and read your updates from today. :thumbsup2

Oh, and speaking of reviews...would you mind if I added your upcoming trip info to my LIST? As of now, I just have you arriving sometime around Nov. 20 and staying at BLT.

Sure !! You can add em. We actually have a DVC reservation for SSR, but we are wait listed for BLT and BWV. So for now, we are are at SSR unless one of our wait lists comes through.

We are also going in Sept. 7-14. Staying at WLV ..... and renting a scooter :moped: since the ankle is still BAD :sad:

Great Narcoossee's review! I love the make your own surf and turf - brilliant! So do they serve the whole lobster in a way that it is easy to eat? I love lobster but only ever order lobster tail because I am scared they will serve me a whole red crustacean on my plate and I wont even know where to start! But that one looked easy to eat.

Wow, that Narcoossee's menu looks so good. We haven't been there in 4 years, need to remedy that! I love those Godiva chocolate martini's way too much....;)

After looking at the picture of my daughter's martini and also seeing jecskc's chocolate martini from Le Cellier, I'm kind of wishing that I had gotten one of those martinis myself. Or at least tasted DD's. But I guess I was so engrossed with eating my beloved cheesecake that I didn't even think about it. ;)

Oh, and TigerKat, I hope you don't mind that I added you to my List of DIS Dining forum people with upcoming trips. I have you down for being at the Boardwalk sometime around Oct. 17? Is that right? And are you staying on the Villa or Inn side?

Sure !! You can add em. We actually have a DVC reservation for SSR, but we are wait listed for BLT and BWV. So for now, we are are at SSR unless one of our wait lists comes through.

We are also going in Sept. 7-14. Staying at WLV ..... and renting a scooter :moped: since the ankle is still BAD :sad:

Ok, got your Sept. trip info added. And I'm excited to hear that you will be returning even sooner than I had originally thought. :thumbsup2 Do I have the date right for your November trip, does it start on Nov. 20? I'm afraid that my ticker math might not be very good. :scratchin

Great Narcoossee's review! I love the make your own surf and turf - brilliant! So do they serve the whole lobster in a way that it is easy to eat? I love lobster but only ever order lobster tail because I am scared they will serve me a whole red crustacean on my plate and I wont even know where to start! But that one looked easy to eat.

I just asked DD1 about the lobster and she said that they made it very easy to eat. No cracking of shells or extra utensils were required. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter