First American Cyber Attack

DonMacGregor

Sub Leader
For those of you with First American as your existing title company (contracts signed), or anticipating entering a contract with FirstAm as the title company, though it hasn't popped up on the boards until today, First American was the target of a cyber attack way back on 12/21, and has been literally shut down and isolated from the outside world right up until basically yesterday morning. This included many of their subsidiaries, and included 100% of their online/internet presence, including their entire email system. If you've suddenly received radio silence from FirstAm, this is why.

First American Update

First American takes IT systems offline after cyberattack

First American cybersecurity attack disrupts closings over holidays

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Just emailed them today about not having received any recent info. Fortunately looks like ours closed right before the attack.

Just got this email from them:

Aloha Mr. MacGregor,

Sorry for the delay, we have had network connectivity issues, which resulted in our email platform being down. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Our systems have been down since 12/20, and we only just received access to our phones and emails today. Once we’re back online for the rest of our necessary systems, I’ll make sure to get your closing documents out to you as fast as I can.

Mahalo for your patience, and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Well that may be why my contract hasn't closed yet, on the 18th they had all their signed paperwork and was in the final stages of closing but then crickets. I assumed it was an early Aloha vacation until after New Years. No email update yet so i guess one will be coming soon, thanks for sharing!

Looks like all is better now, my Aulani contract with them finally closed yesterday so anyone having issues with the title company will hopefully be resolved soon 8-)

Looks like all is better now, my Aulani contract with them finally closed yesterday so anyone having issues with the title company will hopefully be resolved soon 8-)
I finally got my closing docs on Thursday and took care of it that afternoon. Looks like they had been sitting since 12/20. Hopefully the sellers are similarly motivated to get their packet back to FA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter