First Chilly Trip Report 4th - 7th Jan 09 Day 3

Feenies

Earning My Ears
Day 3 :cool1: :cool1:

Here we go again, breatkfast in the room..heaven. Gave EMH a miss and headed straight to WDS and boy was it cold today, coldest yet. Again we managed a few goes on Cars much to my DS delight, everytime was very amusing trying to get my 6' something 17 stone DH into the back of one of those tiny cars! Did Carpets again, Studio Tram Tour and the Art of Disney Animation which was nice and warm!
When Minnie wasn't in Cafe Mickey last night my DD started to panic that she would not get to see her, but low and behold we got photo ops with her and Daisy lovely.
We headed to Backlot before the lunch rush and on the way I noticed 5 mins for RNR which I'd never done so left the others finishing lunch and headed over. It was fab tried to convince DH to go but he wouldn't, I can see now why so many people rave about it.
Today was our day for Crush as I hoped it would be a little quieter, but just realised that without Fastpass it seems to constantly have a queue of between 50 and 80 mins. Was a bit reluctant to bring the kids as I'd read some reviews saying it wasn't suitable for small kids?? So...in the afternoon we gritted our teeth and went for it! Queue moved quite slowly and boy was it cold, some French girls jumped the queue all the way up to us just as we got inside waving a piece of paper saying it was a pass into all parks in France?? Needless to say they didn't get past us as we could see they were chancing their arm! Not long after we got inside near the bottom of the stairs the bloody thing broke down for a good while some people left but we stuck it out and finally got on BUT at the top of the submarine bit it broke down again!!!! So, myself and my DD were at a sever angle looking down this tunnel while they announced it would start again soon. Thought DD was going to freak but managed to calm her down. And yes once we got going agian it was well worth the massive queue etc we all loved it and of course the kids wanted to go again! We gave it a miss til tomorrow.
Sent the others to the shops as I noticed TOT only 10 mins wow it was so cool I just kept laughing. The theming and the CM's were great they really enter into the whole acting bit.
After this it was off to DP for Star Tours which again was a first for us all and it turned out to be a huge hit. My DH is a big Star Wars fan so this was right up his street, I think we did this 3 times in a row!!!
At this stage nearly time to go so a couple of last visits to Buzz and off to Rainforest Cafe for an early dinner and some heat!
Again all in bed for about 8.30/9 and asleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Will try to get some photos up as this is very boring without them - sorry.:confused3

I loved the studios at the end of the day as most rides were practically walk on - TOT had a 5 min queue so it would have been rude not to go on it again ;)

Great day 3

Glad you enjoyed RnRC it has to be one of my favourite rides.
And getting stuck on Crush...not nice for your DD

Your reports are not at all boring. But they will be even nicer if you do manage to get your photos up. :goodvibes

Your reports are not at all boring. But they will be even nicer if you do manage to get your photos up. :goodvibes

I agree with that as well - its fun reading about what you did and thought.

I would have freaked out if Id been stuck on Crush at a strange angle :scared1:

another great day. wow i wish i was as brave as you kids lol. i could never do crush

Great day 3 !! When (yes, when and not if) we make another trip to DLRP, my must-do's are ToT, RnR and Crush. Still haven't been on those rides yet. By then, both my two will be a bit older, so hopefully we'll all be able to go on them as a family.

Another great day, I have yet to go on Crush & ToT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter