First Night at All Star Sports - Good & Bad breakdown

Jessica527

Dreaming Disney Every Minute :)
Hi all! I wanted to share a few very timely thoughts of our trip so far here at All Star Sports. Our family typically stays at Boardwalk, Yacht Club or Pop and this is our first trip here. It was all based on pricing for a large party (more than 3 rooms) and free dining!

Overall it is very busy here & hot!

The great:
- Check In was fast and the CM was a pleasure to be welcomed by.
- Room was very clean & welcoming.
- Love the $10 a night gift card for no mousekeeping.
- The themeing is adorable, very nice to have a repair with more “Mickey” throughout it unlike some deluxe.

The good:
- Bus Service is just 1 Bus per all star resort. It was also timely today Not sure if this is normal but I heard horror stories of wait times with all 3 resorts sharing.
- The Grocery service from Garden Grocer was on time & quick pick up... but check out the “ugly”

The “not so good”:
- Luggage arrived 6.5 hours after landing at Orlando, that meant 11pm with two little girls trying to sleep. I should have known and just claimed it.
- Room size, so again I’m use to mostly deluxe. These full beds are and limited space is a killer! I know, I know... I knew it coming in. Just can’t believe the difference.

The ugly:
- My sad face when the CM told me no one could take up the groceries. It was 1000x different then deluxe. I understand you get why you pay for. So I’m good with it - but don’t have your expections too high on service.
- The current status of the food court. It is a mess & under refurbishment. It is like a mad rush to attempt to even get a drink... and ice... what is ice?

Overall all is well & I really understand where the extra money goes when you are at deluxe.

I look forward to our week here & will keep everyone posted on the adventure.

We've always had good luck with our luggage getting to values at a good time. Hopefully your situation was just a fluke.
I can deal with the room size, but it's the full beds I can't stand. Being 6'3" and 250 lbs doesn't help. Thankfully the rooms are being upgraded to a queen beds.
Thanks for your report!

What time were your groceries delivered? I wonder if this is something new, as I have always had bell services bring my groceries to my room for me.

What time were your groceries delivered? I wonder if this is something new, as I have always had bell services bring my groceries to my room for me.

Only the Moderates and Deluxes have Bell Services which are "On Demand". The Values have Luggage Assistance which can bring you your luggage or groceries, but you have to wait. And the wait can be significant if it's the busy part of the day or late at night.

Only the Moderates and Deluxes have Bell Services which are "On Demand". The Values have Luggage Assistance which can bring you your luggage or groceries, but you have to wait. And the wait can be significant if it's the busy part of the day or late at night.
That makes sense. I guess I have been lucky, because I have never noticed a difference in the wait time when I was at an All Star or a deluxe.

That makes sense. I guess I have been lucky, because I have never noticed a difference in the wait time when I was at an All Star or a deluxe.

Yeah, some trips at the All Stars they've been up with our luggage and groceries within 10 minutes and some trips over 2 hours.

Thank you all for your feedback!

New report:
- While the beds are small, they are very comfy! Sheets are soft and pillows are great.
- Shower water this morning was nice & hot for 2 in a row plus a bath.
- We’re in the 2300 room section on an end and it is nice and quiet.
- Air in the room was great.
- My new wish... 2-3 more drawers. Thank goodness for the wonderful tip list who recommended the closet shleft hanging organizer.

Answers to your feedback:
- Ok ok yes... 1000x was a bit of an exaggeration. 180 is more reasonable :)
- It was 5.5 hours between resort arrival and luggage to be specific.

Final of the morning... I’m happy with our first night stay. For the price we paid and free dining, it is a great “value”.

Five and a half hours is still extreme. I just don't know who is aware when the countdown starts.

Five and a half hours is still extreme. I just don't know who is aware when the countdown starts.

they tell u 3-6 hours for luggage delivery upfront

as for groceries- I've never had a problem at a value- just go to luggage services - tell them u have arrived and u would like them delivered- usually takes maybe an hour or less?

they tell u 3-6 hours for luggage delivery upfront

as for groceries- I've never had a problem at a value- just go to luggage services - tell them u have arrived and u would like them delivered- usually takes maybe an hour or less?

Totally depends on how busy they are. I've had my groceries brought up quickly, I've had it take hours.

Luggage arrived 6.5 hours after landing at Orlando, that meant 11pm with two little girls trying to sleep. I should have known and just claimed it.
At least according to Disney's website it's up to 3 hrs from when you arrive at your resort.

Actually looked up and from Touring Plans they say the following: "In reality it may take even longer than that for your bags to make their way to your room. Anecdotal evidence suggests that waits of up to five hours after resort arrival are not atypical." If we go based on that then 5 1/2 hrs isn't too too crazy. I wouldn't expect you to know that just providing some information.

I can understand the frustration if you haven't experienced this before and the time of night but I do think this is a luck of the draw type thing rather than resort-specific issue. I'm sure there's been plenty of threads (I've read at least several) regarding delivery of luggage and it's by no means an issue with Values.

These full beds
Good news the refurbs will have queens except one bed will be a murphy bed. POP has the same refurb and was started first. Presently All-Star Movies is the first All-Star to my knowledge getting the refurb and they will work down the list.

but don’t have your expections too high on service.
I respectfully disagree with this comment. It's not like they didn't give you good service--seems like they gave you good service actually:

~The front desk CM was a pleasure to be welcomed by
~The room was very clean meaning housekeeping did a good job
~You didn't share busses from your experience
~The busses were timely

The luggage delivery delay is not related to All-Star's service. The grocery delivered to your room is related to resort category but see below-

no one could take up the groceries.
Your grocery issues was nicely explained by dansdad. I understand a slight inconvenience with taking your groceries up yourself or how dansdad explained as "when someone is available" but can't imagine it being part of the worst aspect. Then again priorities differ from guest to guest. Since you stayed at POP, which is also a Value, I'm going to assume you must have either not had groceries delivered or hadn't run into an issue before. However, like dansdad explained only mods and deluxes have someone who can immediately take up the groceries vs "when someone is available".

-------------
Glad to see your update :) If you're thinking about staying at POP again or the All-Stars you might check out the refurb pictures regarding room layouts and drawer space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter