First PTR - DW Trip - June, 2011

angellam

Earning My Ears
Alright, I will try this again, eaten PTR or not. :)

I first went to DW when I was 12. I remember my parents putting me off in that sort of, you won't remember this, type of way. They told me when i was 12 we could go. Oh yeah, I remembered. I don't know how I knew i needed to go there. Maybe it was the movies, maybe it was the commercials? But I knew I wanted it. So at 12 I reminded my parents of their promise. Fortunately for me they made good on their promise. It was a WONDERFUL trip. I just remember thinking, I HAVE to come back here again. It would take me 9 years the first time to get back.

When I was 21, and engaged, we went to DW again. It was a good experience, but my fiance and I were fighting a lot. We went with my parents and he was just....no fun. Kinda tained the experience, yanno? Reader's digest version? We would soon break up, he would have a child with his new girlfriend, and in a weird series of coincidences we would end up seeing each other a couple years later, and end up getting married. BIG time reader's digest version. P.S. He is a really great guy, we have a beautiful daughter and have been married for almost 8 years. Weird how that works out. :)

Why now? We don't really have the money for it. I have had some serious health problems this year. I lost my job due to how disabling the problems have become. (Complications due to having meningitis 3 times in 6 months). Well, my best friend died in May. She was 33 years old. We'd been friends since 8th grade. She was 2 weeks older than I am. When she passed away very suddenly, I decided that I wasn't going to live my life wishing for things, waiting for the right time. It will never be the right time. I will never have enough money. So to honor her memory I decided to find a way to get us to DW. I thought it was a testament to really living. I want an amazing Disney experience for my DD3, and my DSS10 (darling stepson?).

I started a blog on how we are saving for our trip, different methods we have been using. oneyeartodisney.blogspot.com

Thanks for listening Disboards. More to follow as the trip gets closer. :)

Here ! :)

Can't wait to read as you guys get more plans in place. Your DD is going to love DW! And if your DH is still in the disney hatin' debbie downer mode, just send him over to disney quest with his DS.. and that should get rid of any bad mood.

There is so much NEW! i forgot I could send Debbie Downer Jr and Sr to Disneyquest, because there WAS no such thing when we went a million years ago. Keep your amazing ideas coming mama!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter