First solo trip from uk

Daisypusher

Earning My Ears
Hi, I will be on my first solo trip from the uk on November, what’s the lime green ribbon thing? We don’t have home depot😊
Anyone else from the uk?

I don’t recall a lime green ribbon thing. People used to wear lime green Mickey head silhouettes that were paint samples from Home Depot, but HD doesn’t sell that paint anymore. I met someone at one of the resorts about fifteen years ago who had turned the lime green Mickey head into a pin, with their user name on it. I don’t think many people are wearing them these days, but you could probably make one yourself on your computer and wear it if you want to. People from the boards would probably still recognize it.

Have fun on your solo trip OP!

I don’t recall a lime green ribbon thing. People used to wear lime green Mickey head silhouettes that were paint samples from Home Depot, but HD doesn’t sell that paint anymore. I met someone at one of the resorts about fifteen years ago who had turned the lime green Mickey head into a pin, with their user name on it. I don’t think many people are wearing them these days, but you could probably make one yourself on your computer and wear it if you want to. People from the boards would probably still recognize it.

Have fun on your solo trip OP!

Yeah, the lime green goes back to the earlier days of the DIS. It was to identify anyone who used the boards so folks could say hi. They did meetups back in the day too. Honestly, that predates me even being here, so it's been a while. The paint samples were from a Disney branded paint that were pre-cut as mickey head. You could just grab them from the store. I don't know that many DISers realle do it anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter