First tattoo, age of DS, DD?

I dont' want to get a tattoo based on how I have seen them look on the sagging skin of older clients. You dont even know who you are until you are at least 30s or 40s
Other ppl on here have said that they never thought they would do it.

Maybe whatever you think now, you might want to wait and see if there's a design you eventually like. Not saying you should at all; it's just what happens in many ppl's experience: they end up doing it having thought for years that they never would.

Other ppl on here have said that they never thought they would do it.

Maybe whatever you think now, you might want to wait and see if there's a design you eventually like. Not saying you should at all; it's just what happens in many ppl's experience: they end up doing it having thought for years that they never would.
"Many" people? I'm not sure about that. I know I'll never (yes, never) get a tattoo.

Some of my daughter's friends have tattoos, I don't think any have a lot of tattoos, and some don't have any at all.
Maybe anyway if any of them as well go into the military, it now seems to be an environment where it's done a lot more than it used to be, isn't it?

Maybe anyway if any of them as well go into the military, it now seems to be an environment where it's done a lot more than it used to be, isn't it?

they changed the regulations on tattoos in the Canadian military about 2 years ago. People can now have them on their neck or hands, but still not their face or head...and of course their tattoo can't be offensive. It used to be that all tattoos had to be hidden by the uniform or people couldn't join...even in the navy.

they changed the regulations on tattoos in the Canadian military about 2 years ago. People can now have them on their neck or hands, but still not their face or head...and of course their tattoo can't be offensive. It used to be that all tattoos had to be hidden by the uniform or people couldn't join...even in the navy.
Seems really like it's plain common sense to relax the regs. a bit on tattoos in the military, isn't it? Seeing as so many would be recruits are likely to have them anyway.

So even if your daughter's friends have them on their necks or hands (increasingly popular placements), they could still join.

they changed the regulations on tattoos in the Canadian military about 2 years ago.
PS: Should have asked also, Do you think that now tattooed men and women in the Canadian Forces have it easier than they do in the US military?

PS: Should have asked also, Do you think that now tattooed men and women in the Canadian Forces have it easier than they do in the US military?

I actually have no idea...so then I looked up the US Army and they basically have the same regs we used to have (can't be seen while in full uniform)

I actually have no idea...so then I looked up the US Army and they basically have the same regs we used to have (can't be seen while in full uniform)
Interesting; I did have the impression that in the different branches of the US military it might differ a bit from branch to branch, but with the Canadian Forces being unified, I guess it shows a realization that so many 18 year olds are going to be tattooed anyway, so excluding them just for that makes little sense.

I guess the situation in the CF will have changed a lot since you served, won't it? but it seems that the CF is moving in a sensible direction.

Seems like the stick on ones kind of prepare them a bit in their minds for the real, inked ones eventually, if they get them.
This doesn't make sense. IF someone gets a real tattoo, the stick on ones prepared them for them? What if someone doesn't get a real tattoo? Then the stick ons did what?

Okay, IF one of my children were interested in a tattoo, I would be 1000% against a homemade stick-and-poke version. First because of safety concerns. Second because IF you're going to have this thing for a lifetime, it should be the best /more professional version available.
MrsPete: There's probably a case - far from pushing them to have it done - but if it seems reasonably likely to happen, to take them to check out a good parlor well beforehand - like you say, for the best/ more professional artwork available - so that they know fully what's involved and can decide whether to do it safely on the best info. available, if this makes sense?

My son is in the navy and he has more tattoos now than when he enlisted (got one in every port... lol) but he had one down his arm that would show out of his shirt and the army wouldnt take him because of it.... which is how he ended up in the navy. Its been about 5 yrs now, i think i heard the army relaxed their policy a bit and he probably would have been allowed to join.

My son is in the navy and he has more tattoos now than when he enlisted (got one in every port... lol) but he had one down his arm that would show out of his shirt and the army wouldnt take him because of it.... which is how he ended up in the navy. Its been about 5 yrs now, i think i heard the army relaxed their policy a bit and he probably would have been allowed to join.
Kind of begs the question really: why would your son hold back from getting them?

If - as I think you indicated - he knows his mom has had it done several times and that older female relatives have been thoroughgoing ink veterans for so long, then: why would he - as indeed a sailor - hold back from having them done also if it's a style that he also prefers?

It would have been totally unrealistic for the navy not to realize that among very wide demographics it's what ppl do.

It would have been totally unrealistic for the navy not to realize that among very wide demographics it's what ppl do.
The military doesn't need as many people as it did in the past, so they can afford to be picky. I'm fairly often surprised when one of my students is rejected.

I got my first one at 18. Now I'm 27 and have 7. Most of mine are small, but I do have a large one on the front of my thigh. I've had it for years and my grandmother still gets amazed how many comments I get on it when we go out, some people even asking to take photos!
Once the hurdle of the first one is gotten over, it gets a lot easier to have the later inkings done, doesn't it?

My twins got tattoos on their 18th birthday, with their 3 older siblings, sibling tattoos that were planned for years.
Yes, whatever one may think, one way or the other, it seems like entire families being inked up is not unusual, right? and because parlors are place they might have gone to already to get rings etc. also, the parlor is likely a place they'll be well familiar with anyway as they have been growing up.

This doesn't make sense. IF someone gets a real tattoo, the stick on ones prepared them for them? What if someone doesn't get a real tattoo? Then the stick ons did what?
Simply meant, made more aware of the real ones, I guess...

The military doesn't need as many people as it did in the past, so they can afford to be picky. I'm fairly often surprised when one of my students is rejected.
So do you have quite a few students that want to go into the military? I expect that a proportion of them would be tattooed, or shortly would be.

So do you have quite a few students that want to go into the military? I expect that a proportion of them would be tattooed, or shortly would be.
I won't say "quite a few", but I probably have 8-10 students each semester who miss a day of school for the whole-day interview /physical /official signing up experience.

To tell the truth -- I'd say they, as a group, tend to have fewer tattoos /express less interest in tattoos than some other demographics. Obviously that's not something I've studied and graphed out, but it's a quick observation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter