First time Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites

serendipityaey

Mouseketeer
We are staying at the Desert Inn and Suites for the first time in a few weeks! We are driving from a wedding in Las Vegas and hoping to arrive early on a Wednesday, then a 9:30pm flight home Sunday from LAX.
I think I read somewhere that they charge you to store your suitcases here? Does anyone have any info on this? Pricing and/or size limits? Any other tips? We ended up with one of the big suites and I know it’s a super basic place but I am excited to be staying so close! TIA!

When we stayed there a few years ago they have lockers that took quarters. The lockers were different sizes and we were not able to put our large suitcase in the locker so they took it to a locked room for us while we went to the park before check in.

We are here at Desert Inn now. It’s my 3rd time. The lockers are still here, they are in a room partway down along the side of the building, ground floor. I believe they’re $1.50, and I believe the front office will make change for you. We are using them tomorrow to store our carryon-sized bags until we head to the airport around 3:30. We are staying in the 2 room family suite and are quite pleased; they gave us top floor front. Room 504. It’s basic but roomy and comfortable. The beds are very firm, we like that but they may be too hard for some preferences. We’ve stayed in a regular 2 Queen at the back of the building a couple years ago, and didn’t like that room nearly as much. Still, it’s an amazing deal for being AT the crosswalk. I think I paid $229 for this double room suite, which is what you’d pay for a single for any of the other hotels on Harbor.

We are here at Desert Inn now. It’s my 3rd time. The lockers are still here, they are in a room partway down along the side of the building, ground floor. I believe they’re $1.50, and I believe the front office will make change for you. We are using them tomorrow to store our carryon-sized bags until we head to the airport around 3:30. We are staying in the 2 room family suite and are quite pleased; they gave us top floor front. Room 504. It’s basic but roomy and comfortable. The beds are very firm, we like that but they may be too hard for some preferences. We’ve stayed in a regular 2 Queen at the back of the building a couple years ago, and didn’t like that room nearly as much. Still, it’s an amazing deal for being AT the crosswalk. I think I paid $229 for this double room suite, which is what you’d pay for a single for any of the other hotels on Harbor.

Have that same room next week, we've always enjoyed our stays there exactly for what it is. Clean, close and comfortable at a great price for 7 people!

I have a November reservation at this hotel and am feeling a bit uncomfortable about it. To those of you who have stayed there, did you find it to be clean, comfortable, and safe? (I'm used to WDW... and staying onsite.)

I have a November reservation at this hotel and am feeling a bit uncomfortable about it. To those of you who have stayed there, did you find it to be clean, comfortable, and safe? (I'm used to WDW... and staying onsite.)
Anaheim Desert Inn is absolutely clean, comfortable and safe. Probably equivalent to a value at WDW without the theming. It’s why it’s a popular choice, close, good value and well run. There are only a couple of grungy motels near DL these days, this is not one of them.

Anaheim Desert Inn is absolutely clean, comfortable and safe. Probably equivalent to a value at WDW without the theming. It’s why it’s a popular choice, close, good value and well run. There are only a couple of grungy motels near DL these days, this is not one of them.
👍
Thanks for the response. That's exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Yep, I responded above almost those exact same words before you posted! LOL.

Obviously super close. Felt completely safe, even as a solo traveling, smallish woman staying in the back corner. Comfort is subjective, of course. Beds are pretty firm, definitely not the snuggly ones we had at ASMovies at WDW. It passes my white-sock test and black-light inspection on my previous stays. It's not fancy; think un-refurbished value level at WDW maybe? But the rooms are substantially larger than our "premium" room at ASMovies in June.

When we stayed there a few years ago they have lockers that took quarters. The lockers were different sizes and we were not able to put our large suitcase in the locker so they took it to a locked room for us while we went to the park before check in.

Thank you! Yeah we don't have any huge suitcases, but normal sized not carry-on sized suitcases. Was curious if the lockers would fit those.

We are here at Desert Inn now. It’s my 3rd time. The lockers are still here, they are in a room partway down along the side of the building, ground floor. I believe they’re $1.50, and I believe the front office will make change for you. We are using them tomorrow to store our carry-on sized bags until we head to the airport around 3:30. We are staying in the 2 room family suite and are quite pleased; they gave us top floor front. Room 504. It’s basic but roomy and comfortable. The beds are very firm, we like that but they may be too hard for some preferences. We’ve stayed in a regular 2 Queen at the back of the building a couple years ago, and didn’t like that room nearly as much. Still, it’s an amazing deal for being AT the crosswalk. I think I paid $229 for this double room suite, which is what you’d pay for a single for any of the other hotels on Harbor.

Thank you! We ended up with a suite with two bedrooms plus a living room with a pull out couch. Is that the room type you have? Spent more than I wanted to (a friend was supposed to come with us but bailed) but we need the space and I am excited to be so close! We aren't picky and last time my husband, daughter and I, plus my sister and her daughter all squeezed into one room at Grand Legacy and we were miserable, so I am so looking forward to this.

We have like mostly standard sized suitcases, bigger than carry-on, do you think those will fit in the lockers? Thanks!

Thank you! Yeah we don't have any huge suitcases, but normal sized not carry-on sized suitcases. Was curious if the lockers would fit those.
Yes they should fit fine. We were able to put our smaller suitcase and back pack into one of them if I remember right... It has been a few years now. This trip we are staying next door at Del Sol because I couldn't get our dates for Desert Inn..

Have that same room next week, we've always enjoyed our stays there exactly for what it is. Clean, close and comfortable at a great price for 7 people!
One thing we’re somewhat annoyed about in this room, and will be mentioning to management at checkout: there is a loud “drip” or “tick” noise coming from the ceiling in the southwest corner of the room. It’s intermittent, either like something dripping above, or machinery cooling down.
Finishing later: We checked out this afternoon and put our luggage in a locker. One locker fit 2 of our carry-on sized bags- almost 3 but not quite. They’re deep. They cost $1.50 each, 6 quarters, and the front desk will make change for you.

Thank you! We ended up with a suite with two bedrooms plus a living room with a pull out couch. Is that the room type you have? Spent more than I wanted to (a friend was supposed to come with us but bailed) but we need the space and I am excited to be so close! We aren't picky and last time my husband, daughter and I, plus my sister and her daughter all squeezed into one room at Grand Legacy and we were miserable, so I am so looking forward to this.

We have like mostly standard sized suitcases, bigger than carry-on, do you think those will fit in the lockers? Thanks!
Yes, this is the one we had. The living space is just a smaller room with the couch, facing a TV and the stand with the microwave/ mini fridge on it. It’s the space where you enter the suite. It leads onto the bedroom, then the second room is entered by a connecting door in the wall, and it has a small table with 2 chairs in it as well. It was quite comfortable for us to spread out!

Yes, this is the one we had. The living space is just a smaller room with the couch, facing a TV and the stand with the microwave/ mini fridge on it. It’s the space where you enter the suite. It leads onto the bedroom, then the second room is entered by a connecting door in the wall, and it has a small table with 2 chairs in it as well. It was quite comfortable for us to spread out!

You got a great price! I’m jealous haha! But we are going at a busier time. Thanks for the info!!

( so which ones are the grungy ones??)

Jumping on this thread rather than starting a new one.....can anyone tell me what the current breakfast situation is? We are heading down MLK weekend and I'm working on our packing list. Thanks!

Wondering the same thing about the breakfast. Also wondering if the roof top viewing area is open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter