First Time Aulani Visitor- Best View

amybrian25

Earning My Ears
DVC Platinum
What is the best type of DVC Room at Aulani? We are visiting for the first time and aren't sure what type of room to book. What is the best view? Where is the best location?

What do you consider best? Do you want peace and overlook some foliage or do you want to be able to see the ocean? Most would probably say to get an ocean view room and request a high floor room that faces in toward the pool. I usually save the points and get an Island garden view room and request a high floor overlooking the luau lawn. For me, that is what is the "best view". I will say that room view does not really matter as much as you think it would. You don't typically spend much time in your room and if it comes down to staying longer or a "view", pick staying longer every single time.
Also, rent a car for your stay and go out and about around the Island. It is absolutely beautiful there with some of the most unique landscapes on the planet.

My favorite view is the ocean view facing the pool. As an East Coaster, I am up early and back in the room early, so I enjoy the patio.

@amybrian25 Any view is a great view because it HI. Seriously, we've had island views every time we've gone and they've been great ... At least according to my metric of "great views."

I'd say the best "value view" is the island view overlooking the luau. You get partial (partial enough that they'd be water views at WDW but you look over the empty resort field next door so they couldn't class them that way in case one ever gets built) views of the ocean at island view prices.

Pool views are going to give you views of the pool (and the noise associated with them). Almost all are on the first 5 floors.

Ocean views will give you unobstructed views of the ocean.

Only you can decide what's best in your book

One of my favorites is ground floor with the walk out patio and a view of the luau. Less $ too because it’s an island view category.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter