First Time Car Renter Questions

Leigh123

DIS Veteran
I have been to WDW several times but we always use TTC...this year hubby wants to rent a car and I am clueless about it. He would like a convertable so I checked with sidestep and the best rate was $259 for the week base using budget ...with unlimited miles

Is this a good rate?
Are there hidden charges? (the word "base" makes me think there is)
Will I really be guranteed this car at this rate if I pre-pay?
Where is the budget terminal in the airport.

Thanks very much!

well there is also taxes and surcharges, and fuel charge if not brought back full, and insurance converage (if your personal car insurance doesn't cover rentals).

base rate plus taxes and surcharges are roughly 15-20 % above base rate.

The Budget counter is at the terminal, so you only need to go down to level 1 from baggage claim to the budget counter. the cars are located in the parking garage next to the terminal.

Ed

Dollar Rent A Car has the Chrylser Sebring convertible for $199 a week, with tax's it comes to $253.80, unlimited miles using the promo code CARD. Don't know your dates so it may be different. They are great to rent from, we have rented from them many times onsite at MCO. Good Luck!

RobinLyn:D

Thanks too both of you...Does anyone know if the dollar company has a location in MCO..thanks

Originally posted by Leigh123
Thanks too both of you...Does anyone know if the dollar company has a location in MCO..thanks

Yes Dollar is located in MCO and the cars are located right at the airport. No need to take a bus, etc... In fact Dollar's counter is probably right next to Budget's if not the next one over.... I have rented from Dollar numerous times and have never had a problem.

Dollar is in-terminal at Orlando Airport (MCO) along with National, Avis, and Budget. You go dowm one level from baggage, all these car companies are located there. The cars are right across the street, it is easy to walk to. If you have a lot of bags, you can rent a luggage cart for $2 or $3 (can't remember but I think it was $2) and take it with you to pick up your car.

RobinLyn:D

Alamo and L&M are in-terminal, just not worth mentioning....IMHO

RobinLyn :D

Alamo is in terminal now?? Are they just using National's checkin in counter and still bussing people to the remote Alamo lot, or do you pick up Alamo cars across the street from the terminal now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter