First time cruisers - some stupid(?) questions

Grumpy's Mom

<font color=deeppink>Some of us prefer to go comma
I have so many questions, but in reading over the information on these boards many of them have been answered. I would appreciate any guidance on:

1. For themed functions, dinners, shows, etc. do cruisers wear themed clothing?
2. I note that several people have talked about bringing sode, wine, beer, etc on board, and not had a problem. How have you transported that? In a suitcase? what about breakage?

3. Any suggestions on types of luggage? I have not looked back at the DCL official site, so I am not even sure of how much we can bring -

Thanks!!:confused:

Your luggage will fit under the bed unless it is an unusually huge hard sided suitcase. We threw all of our soft sided bags and duffels under one bed to get it out of the way.

People do wear tropical attire on that night and formal/semi formal on those. I don't recall anyone wearing international garb to the Small World dinner. No one seemed to dress specifically for the shows. Sometimes we wore what we had on for dinner, sometimes changed into casual clothes before the performance.

I took beverages onboard. I had the wine store put the bottles in a styofoam packing carton and I checked that inside a suitcase. The canned beverages were taped together with strapping tape, wrapped in brown package paper, entwined with clear package tape to form a loop handle and I put a luggage tag on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter