First Time Dining Plan User - Questions

MyWorld

Earning My Ears
1. When making reservations, I assume a credit card is needed. Is a deposit taken from the credit card??? I ask because I was going to use a credit card that has a very low limit and thus is near the limit. Since I am going to be using the free dining plan in September, the credit card will never actually be used to pay for the meal. Any insight would be helpful.

2. Same question but for reservations to Hoop-D-Doo...

3. Can a TS credit be used at counter service? This sounds weird, but we are not big sit-down eaters. Mainly, we don't like to waste the time. If we only used 6 of the TS credits at TS places, can the last one be used at a counter service place?

4. Is it normal protocol to give additional tip even though gratuity is included already?

Thanks for any help.

1. If you mean restaurant reservations, then no, a credit card is not USUALLY needed when making reservations, which brings us to...

2. I believe Hoop de Doo is one of the instances where a credit card is required, but I'm not positive. There are some reservations that do require a credit card, but I don't think very many.

3. You can use your Dining Plan Credits for either what they're intended or as a "lesser value" credit (so yes, you can use a TS credit for a CS meal, but not the other way around)

4. I'd say it depends on the service. If it's exceptionally good, I'd say tip extra, but not for mediocre service.

Thank you for the quick response! Tomorrow is ADR day for me. Just made reservations for 9/17 - 9/24.

Hi Myworld,,,
I Actually Made All Of My Adrs 170 Days Before My Trip And Never Needed A Credit Card!!
Remember To Eat At Cosmic Rays In The Mk.check Out Dis's Mk Menu Website!its A Counter Service Credit But Includes Some Amazing Meals.ribs,chicken ,,etc
103 Days And Counting!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter