First time DVC user

annduong

Earning My Ears
Hello, we're using our DVC points for the first time. We going to at BLT for 3 nights and move over to AKV for 6 nights. Do we bring our own sheets for the bed? Are the groceries store in the building? Are there room service? How is the pool at BLT? Also, we're hoping to go back for a few days in August. Which resort has the best pool and how hard is it to book? Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello, we're using our DVC points for the first time. We going to at BLT for 3 nights and move over to AKV for 6 nights. Do we bring our own sheets for the bed? Are the groceries store in the building? Are there room service? How is the pool at BLT? Also, we're hoping to go back for a few days in August. Which resort has the best pool and how hard is it to book? Thanks in advance for your help.

Your room will be no different than a hotel room, other than it will be a DVC villa. Sheets, towels, dishes, yes. You can purchase limited groceries from the resort store. The store for BLT is located at the Contemporary Resort.

Villas that are connected to hotels (like BLT/CR) usually have room service available. The standalones (SSR, OKW) do not have room service.

The "best pool" depends on what you like. Lots of people love Stormalong Bay at BC/YC/BCV. Personally, I don't care for it at all. I prefer the leisure (non-themed pools) to the themed pools for the most part. BLT pool is kind of small and it is gated (you need your room key to enter the pool area). You can also use either of the two Contemporary Resort pools since BLT is part of the CR property. But CR guests cannot use the BLT pool because it is small.

annduong said:

The pool area at Kidani is great. If you are staying at Jambo it is only a short shuttle ride but very much worth it. You can also walk to Kidani.

The pool area at Kidani is great. If you are staying at Jambo it is only a short shuttle ride but very much worth it. You can also walk to Kidani.

Second on the Kidani Pool. It has the nicest theme (of course it is also the newest) of the DVC resorts we have stayed at. You just can't go wrong with the AKL period.

You can also order your groceries from either garden grocer or we go shop. Much cheaper and very convenient.

I second using garden grocers. We ordered on line and had our groceries delivered to the hotel. Bell hop accepted delivery of our groceries and brought them up with our luggage when we got our room.

We go to grocery store when we have a car. Winn Dixie is not far at all. We won't have a car on our upcoming trip and plan to use The Garden Grocer. Ive already created my online account and placed everything in my cart. Just need to pay for it a few days prior to arrival.

We bring -

laundry detergent
coffee
coffee filters
sugar
salt and pepper
and any other food we want - those sorts of things (coffee filters) aren't in the DVC resorts (you get a starter pack of coffee).

If we have a kitchen, we will order from Garden Grocer - generally food for breakfast, beverages, and a few snacks. We do most of our eating in the parks.

The grocery stores have a really limited stock at convenience store prices - but they aren't bad if what you want is a dozen eggs, some milk, and aren't picky about your cereal.

Storm Along Bay is really cool - but there is a window in time where for some parents its a nightmare - its impossible to see the whole pool from one point - so if you have multiple kids that you need to keep an eye on, but are old enough to want to be independent, it can be very stressful. Once they got past that point, my kids wanted the waterparks over SAB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter