First Time on the QS Dining Plan

Coconuts

DIS Veteran
We have been to WDW many many times during free dining but we've always done the DDP, and even the deluxe DDP once when DH and I were there for our anniversary. This is the first time we have ever done the QS plan. It just made sense because we're just taking our 2 youngest, who are fussy eaters and are happier with fast food, like what you'll find at most QS locations. It is certainly a lot less planning and hassle, trying to map out which day is at which park, and where are we hopping to in order to get to our next meal.

I haven't been to WDW in a few years, and truly have backed off my WDW obsession over the last 5 years, not going on the Disboards all the time etc. So basically I'm out of the loop on where to go for a good QS meal. I of course have a few favorites at every park, but those locations might not even be there anymore lol. I'm open to anyone's suggestions on their favorite must do QS locations and thanks in advance!:) DH and I have always loved the chicken/waffle sandwiches in Liberty Square but I'm really open to any suggestions for Epcot. For some reason I can't remember where we used to eat for QS there.:confused:

I'm definitely looking forward to a more laid back, relaxed vacation without all the worry and stress of securing dining reservations.

I really like Regal Eagle in EPCOT. it’s a bbq place. I also like the fish and chips at Yorkshire County Fish Shop. Reviews about the Connections Eatery seem to be pretty good, but I haven’t eaten there.

In Hollywood studios I like Woodys Lunchbox and I want to try Docking Bay 7. Backlot express and ABC commissary are other quick service there that could have some stuff your kids may like.

Magic Kingdom the kids will probably like Casey’s Corner. I’ve liked Columbia Harbor House.

Animal Kingdom has Flame Tree BBQ, which is yummy. I’m planning to try Sutulli Canteen because it has a lot of good reviews.

We're doing the QSDP for the same reasons, less planning and small kids making life complicated.

On our list for our upcoming trip:

Disney Springs - Polite Pig, EET
Resorts - Boardwalk Deli, Primo Piatto, Geyser Point
Epcot - Regal Eagle, Sunshine Seasons, La Cantina de San Angel, Katsura Grill
Animal Kingdom - Satuli Canteen, Flame Tree BBQ
Hollywood Studios - Docking Bay

We're doing the QSDP for the same reasons, less planning and small kids making life complicated.

On our list for our upcoming trip:

Disney Springs - Polite Pig, EET
Resorts - Boardwalk Deli, Primo Piatto, Geyser Point
Epcot - Regal Eagle, Sunshine Seasons, La Cantina de San Angel, Katsura Grill
Animal Kingdom - Satuli Canteen, Flame Tree BBQ
Hollywood Studios - Docking Bay
Just FYI, currently EET is not on the DDP and I believe it's the QS pick up window at Geyser Point that is considered QS there, not the actual bar/lounge where you are seated and have a server.

People have BIG feelings when you ask about the QS plan 🤣 but we have never been able to afford more than 2 sit down meals per trip. We go 10 days every fall and for 5 out of 8 trips we've done the free dining for QS cause we always stay value so the QS meal saves us more than the room discount. We've eaten at nearly every QS restaurant and usually hit up anything new every year we go, so I feel like we are pros at this question!
MK- Not much new here that you'd miss, but some new items from old staples like Friar Nook (some loaded tot options and a pretty dang good breakfast pretzel sandwich or sausage gravy tots), Columbia Harbor House (if they have the salmon I get that or shrimp skewers, the rice used to be seasoned and is now just white rice so I get green beans instead), and I saw recently that a pretty good sized sundae at the Plaza Ice Cream shop counts as a snack credit so good use of that there.
Epcot- Connection Eatery is REALLY good. Their burgers taste more fresh than other QS burgers and have more unique toppings, but the pizza slices are HUGE and a more thin crust (please don't attack me) Via Napoli almost style? Regal Eagle has huge servings and pretty decent BBQ for our Midwest mouths. We happen to love the QS in Mexico the most. The taco meals come with 3 tacos, rice and beans and they have salsa and quac you could add to the tacos if you wanted. Last fall they had a shrimp taco trio that had a mango slaw that was one of our favorite meals of the trip!
Hollywood Studios- Woodys is a family favorite cause we love totchos, but also because of the grown up lemonade. ABC Commissary has really stepped up their food and I get their shrimp tacos every time we go, huge serving of rice and beans and a nice slaw on the tacos. Docking Bay 7 is unique and really flavorful and pretty spendy so a good use of a dining credit, but we also love the ronto wrap for a quick lunch or snack to share.
Animal Kingdom- Satuli is our go to, but Flame Tree BBQ is another hit. Huge portions and a lot of variety for everyone in the family. Harame Market has more unique flavors like chicken bowls or a beef-lamb pita situation. There are also a lot of "kid friendly" places that have your typical burgers and nuggets or pizza. Pizzafari and Restaurantasaurus are more safe options but sometimes have a unique seasoning burger or sandwich.
If you're not already a member, the group Disney Foodies on facebook has TONS of good pictures/reviews/posts, and you can search my name and see pictures of literally everything we ate for the last 7 years! Disney food is my passion!

People have BIG feelings when you ask about the QS plan 🤣 but we have never been able to afford more than 2 sit down meals per trip. We go 10 days every fall and for 5 out of 8 trips we've done the free dining for QS cause we always stay value so the QS meal saves us more than the room discount. We've eaten at nearly every QS restaurant and usually hit up anything new every year we go, so I feel like we are pros at this question!
MK- Not much new here that you'd miss, but some new items from old staples like Friar Nook (some loaded tot options and a pretty dang good breakfast pretzel sandwich or sausage gravy tots), Columbia Harbor House (if they have the salmon I get that or shrimp skewers, the rice used to be seasoned and is now just white rice so I get green beans instead), and I saw recently that a pretty good sized sundae at the Plaza Ice Cream shop counts as a snack credit so good use of that there.
Epcot- Connection Eatery is REALLY good. Their burgers taste more fresh than other QS burgers and have more unique toppings, but the pizza slices are HUGE and a more thin crust (please don't attack me) Via Napoli almost style? Regal Eagle has huge servings and pretty decent BBQ for our Midwest mouths. We happen to love the QS in Mexico the most. The taco meals come with 3 tacos, rice and beans and they have salsa and quac you could add to the tacos if you wanted. Last fall they had a shrimp taco trio that had a mango slaw that was one of our favorite meals of the trip!
Hollywood Studios- Woodys is a family favorite cause we love totchos, but also because of the grown up lemonade. ABC Commissary has really stepped up their food and I get their shrimp tacos every time we go, huge serving of rice and beans and a nice slaw on the tacos. Docking Bay 7 is unique and really flavorful and pretty spendy so a good use of a dining credit, but we also love the ronto wrap for a quick lunch or snack to share.
Animal Kingdom- Satuli is our go to, but Flame Tree BBQ is another hit. Huge portions and a lot of variety for everyone in the family. Harame Market has more unique flavors like chicken bowls or a beef-lamb pita situation. There are also a lot of "kid friendly" places that have your typical burgers and nuggets or pizza. Pizzafari and Restaurantasaurus are more safe options but sometimes have a unique seasoning burger or sandwich.
If you're not already a member, the group Disney Foodies on facebook has TONS of good pictures/reviews/posts, and you can search my name and see pictures of literally everything we ate for the last 7 years! Disney food is my passion!
Wow so many great suggestions!! Thanks so much:worship: Unfortunately I think I may the only person on the planet not on Facebook or else I'd check that out in a heartbeat.

I am stalking all these DDP threads now because yesterday Disney released the 2025 UK holiday offer - free QS dining plan with moderate hotel and free DDP with deluxe so need to get up to speed as we've never used it before. (It's not the offer I wanted but that's what we're getting.) Interested to see which non-alcoholic beverages you are entitled to with the QS meal plan (not using a snack credit), and also which snacks are included (and the best value).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter