First time solo and trip is soon - help me choose!

If you were at Disney for one day by yourself, would you do Epcot, MK, or both with hopper?

• Total voters

KatCiaoCiao

newly in love with all things Disney
Help! I'm going by myself (I'm a 37 y.o. mom) in early May for only one day. I plan on getting there at rope drop and staying until 6 (have to join my husband, we're there on business). Is it worth my time and money to do a park hopper between MK and Epcot (it's ~$60 more than a single park)? I'm having a terrible time deciding. I like rides but also atmosphere, and love a lot at both parks. I hear there aren't that many single rider lines in Disney, does that mean a long wait if I don't have FP even if I'm solo? I hate to be able to only ride one or two things a day that aren't fast passes. I want to enjoy and treat myself! (We went in September with the whole family and I can't stop thinking about it!) Thanks for your help!

I wouldn't go park hopper. Epcot if there was a major draw like Flower & Garden (or Food & Wine in the Fall). Otherwise, more attractions at MK.

I would say you are leaning more towards MK as far as your hours are concerned. Epcot gets Hot as Hades during the day. The only single rider line in any of those two parks is Test Track at Epcot. Yes, that does mean waiting in lines if you do not have fast passes but keep on checking every day and for one person a lot of things open up. Being there at rope drop offers a lot of benefits and there is more to do at MK. You can try and schedule all of your 3 fast passes before lunch and after you use the last one keep on adding one at a time through the app or kiosks in the park.

Hope that helps!

I'd probably choose Epcot. It's got the world showcase -- plus Soarin', Test Track and Mission Space. If you are going to do the FP game, use your first tier choice on Soarin' and then do Test Track single rider. You can do fast passes for mission space (orange) and then either spaceship earth, finding nemo, or turtle talk.

If you want to do Froze ride, then I would try and get that FP instead of Soarin'...with the goal of making rope drop and going straight to Soarin first thing...then single rider at Test Track.

After you finish your rides -- go hang out in the World Showcase and enjoy the various food/drinks and shows.

You can also take a ride on the monorail and just ride it around a little bit. that's always enjoyable. If you have time, you could resort hop and go to Poly, GF and Contemporary and enjoy a different drink at each place.

If you don't want to mess with the Monorail -- you can leave Epcot out the back via the International Gateway (in between France and the UK) and walk to Beach club or Boardwalk. If you like Ice cream--try and get a spot at Beaches and Cream.

If you opt to do MK, I've had a lot of luck running straight up to Frontierland for Splash and Big Thunder Mountains, then using late morning FPs on stuff like Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion. Then just kind of follow the winds of wait times on the app, and make new FPs as you're allowed to.

If your day is ending at 6pm, then I definitely would not waste the money on a park hopper. Pick one of the parks and enjoy the heck out of it!

I wouldn't go park hopper. Epcot if there was a major draw like Flower & Garden (or Food & Wine in the Fall). Otherwise, more attractions at MK.
I agree with this. If there's nothing going on at Epcot (like F&W or Flower & Garden), I'd skip epcot and do MK. So much more to do and see at MK! :) That's where I'd spend my day. Not worth it to park hop for one day to be honest.

I voted Hopper but then read your post and saw that you were limited to 6pm... I love EPCOT but in your situation would recommend MK, as it will give you a more immersive "Disney" experience with your limited time.

You're talking early May, so I would go for Epcot, since Flower and Garden (and mini Food and Wine) is still going on. Since you're done at 6:00, I wouldn't bother with a park hopper. Fastpass Soarin (Frozen will probably be gone or beyond when you have to leave) and single rider Test Track in the morning...the rest you can do standby, then enjoy World Showcase in the afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter