First time to Disney Quest...

Luv0fDisney

DIS Veteran
Hello!
This year we are going to Disney Quest. It will be our first time going there. We're going this year because we received 2 Vouchers for FREE admission with our package. :cool1: If we did not receive this vouchers we would not even think of going to Disney Quest due to $$.

Any tips or suggestions you can give First timers? Anything I should know?
Thanks. :)

We are planning to go after dinner ( we have dinner ADRs at Raglan Rd).

I hope you are eating early... DQ closes early, IMO, so if they are busy, you won't get to do much.

Favorite games... (don't know official names of games) ... the interactive pirate ride shooting canons, the raft ride game.. everyone except me likes the car buggy things that shoots balls (I don't like the flashing strobe lights when my car gets hit) .. IMO, least fav thing to do, the aladdin flying thing... lots of arcade games.. don't miss the 4 person air hockey table on the top floor.. good fun for my family.....

Either people love it or hate it... lots of people think it is outdated.. we paid for it once... and have only gone since then because it came with our annual pass.

May seem like a stupid question, but do you have to queue for the interactive games?

Is there plenty for everyone?

This will be our first visit to DQ too this summer. The twins can't wait! It's all I hear about so I hope they have a great time :)

When you plan your roller coaster in Cyber Space Mountain, choose only segments that are red (most thrilling) level. Otherwise, your simulation will be too tame.

We really enjoy the arcade. When we had APs, we would go there during big, long rain storms-- it was dry and air conditioned-- and spend hours playing the classic video games and air hockey.

May seem like a stupid question, but do you have to queue for the interactive games?

Is there plenty for everyone?

For the interactive things like the Pirate game, yes, you queue. Cast members take groups of 4 into the rooms (there are 4 or 5 rooms) to play the game, so usually the queue moves decently fast. Same for the rafting ride nearby and the Buzz Lightyear ball game.

Don't expect to play regular popular video games there much. We have teens so we used to go to DQ quite a bit, and usually everyone ended up frustrated because virtually every game has someone playing it, and people seldom leave since they don't have to put money or tokens in. They just sit there and play forever and ignore the people waiting a turn.

There was a time a couple of years ago when they had let a lot of games go down and deferred too much maintenance, but the last time we were there they had fixed some of those problems.

Like most things at Disney, DQ suffers from overcrowding. Our kids stopped asking to go because of that. Our last trip into DQ was last summer, doubt we'll go back in again.

We got it free as part of our tickets, went loads, just a great wee place to kill time when in Downtown Disney (we were staying in saratoga last time, so it really was great!) We sometimes had to wait for the more popular games... I really like the jungle shooter games (you have to get into a safari truck to play, can't miss em!) the raft game (Not advisable after a cocktail though, for sure!) and the simulation roller coaster (you can purchase a video of you on the ride, so funny!) and there is little cafes where you can grab a snack! ...only thing I disliked was the aladdin game, its a virtual ride and it made me feel sick! (I love roller-coasters and fast rides, but this was just not for me!!)

I just loved the ability to just jump on different games without throwing cash about, but that was because I didn't pay for it! Rather expensive if you were paying, but as you got it free too, you should love it! :) :laughing:

I should note we went in January though!!!

I've been to DQ a few times, I liked it but now I stopped going. If your going for the first time then try it out and see how you think of it. Some of the games are outdated, but if you don't mind playing some old games then you would enjoy it. Like some of the other people who replied, DQ does get really crowded at some point, and you would have to wait to play some of the games. Last time I went I had to wait awhile for the Buzz Lightyear game (bumper cars and shooting ball at other cars) kept on having technical difficulties everytime I went to wait in line. It did eventually work and I got a chance to play. It's one of my favorite games there. I would also recommend playing the Safaris game where you sit in a car and there is two guns you can shoot stuff. Another one of my favorites is the Pirates of the Caribbean game, and the River raft. The times when I went I got really hot, the air conditioning isn't that great it there. Overall if you want to enjoy some indoors old-school gaming than try it out. :thumbsup2

If you go for a day and have dinner at the polynesian or somewhere else can you reenter disney quest for no additional Fee?

How is the crowds on a Weekend such as Saturday?

Haven't read through the entire thread but wanted to say...
My favorite part of our DisneyQuest time was the animation tutorial. You "draw" on a white screen and for some reason I found it so much easier than drawing with a pencil on paper. My "Pluto" really turned out looking like PLUTO!!! I was so tickled!

If you go for a day and have dinner at the polynesian or somewhere else can you reenter disney quest for no additional Fee?

Yes I do think you can reenter. I think during the week is less crowded. Getting there at opening is key no matter which day it is. I believe it opens at 11AM.

It is fun, my grown kids and DH love it. Some of the older games are actually what they like the most. I'm good for a little while and then just go to the cafe where it is a bit quieter. They have many of those tasty cupcakes that are raved about on the boards-great use of a snack credit on the DDP.

We went to DQ during our November trip for the first time (we also had the admission vouchers included). We went in the evening for a few hours ... with 6 kids and 5 adults, we all got to do what we wanted. It was busy, but not too bad. The kids all loved creating their own coaster and did it more than once.

Don't do Cyber Space Mountain if you get motion sickness. I know everything these days warns you about that but I seriously almost puked all over everything and was sick for a couple hours after. Ruined a good chunk of a day for me.

Yes, you can leave and come back on the same day, but I would pick somewhere closer to have dinner - the poly would require way too much transportation time for my taste.

It is more crowded on weekends than weekdays. It is also very crowded on rainy days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter