First Time Visit

Dannette

Earning My Ears
Hi,

Greetings from another resident of Chatham, Ontario. This is my first posting
and I have a few questions. My family of 5 are planning our first visit to
WDW this fall and we plan to camp at Fort Wilderness. Can anyone suggest
which loop, would be best, we have 3 children ages 10, 8 and 7. Also when is the
best time to purchase hopper passes. Looking for any and all suggestions to make
our first trip a trip to remember.

Thanks

Ooh, trip planning! Love it!!

What are your needs? Cabin, full hookup, partial hookup, preferred site? What are you camping in, basically, to start.

Buy your passes as soon as you can, because I've never heard of prices going down. However, I don't know what specials they traditionally offer for Canadians--you may want to check on the Canadian board for that information.

Keep reading here and you'll find answers to questions you haven't even thought of.

Welcome to the Camping board and happy trails!

65 days to go

Hi there! If you're camping, I'm assuming you'll be driving. I would HIGHLY recommend Dave Hunter's Book "Along I-75". We bought ours at Chapters for $27.95. WELL worth the money. It makes the trip much more fun. It has useful information plus alot of history and fun facts! It will save you both time and money. Fail to plan, plan to fail. It's great that you're here and you'll find a wealth of information. Spend time to gather info. It will come in handy. Don't hesitate to ask questions along the way as they come up. The only stupid question is one that isn't asked. I think you'll find Disney so big and overwhelming it's good to have some pointers before making the trip. You'll get alot more out of your money by researching here before leaving. Watch for the Canadian Hopper Pass. It usually is announced in the fall. Contact your travel agent or CAA for release dates. They now offer buy one get the second half off. It used to be Canadian money at par...but the dollar is really taking a beating for so long that hasn't been offered for a fews years. Start saving now. Get the kids involved. Have a 'vacation jar' or something like that. It's good for them to share in the fun of using their own money. Planning is just about as fun as being there. Get them involved in counting down days, stocking up on special vacation treats etc. Have some Disney movie nights before leaving. I use an envelope system when we go. I put $100.00 American in each envelope for the day. This helps to budget the trip. When it's gone, it's gone. If there's money left over I roll it ahead to the end of the trip. If there's extra left over we do something very special/fun treat. We never charge...it's WAY too easy and you'll fall over when you get your credit card statement with the exhange rate put on :eek: The loop that works awesome for us is 1600. It's a pet loop. We bring our dog. However, it's just a walk across the street to the pool, campfire, bike barn, tennis, sand volleyball etc. There's a bus stop close by as well. I do alot of planning for our trips but it always pays off. My husband and kids just show up and everything always goes well. They have no idea how much work goes into it ahead of time....it's not really work tho.....I LOVE IT!! Feel free to keep asking questions....you'll be glad you did!! HAVE FUN!!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter