First-time Volcano Bay Questions

FallsChurchDad

Mouseketeer
Hi, we'll be visiting UOR for the first time in a couple of weeks, staying at PBH with 3-park passes. We had a few Volcano Bay questions that I haven't been able to find full answers for on DISBoards or elsewhere:

1. TapuTapu Return times - How long is the return window when you reserve with TapuTapu? Meaning, if your return time is 90 minutes out, how much leeway do you have?

2. EPA - The Universal website lists a bunch of rides/slides that are open during early park admission - everything that is listed has at least a 42" height requirement. But what about the fearless river, the lazy river, the beach, and the play areas -- are any of them open during EPA? Our youngest is under 42", so I hope we can all arrive during EPA together, but then one parent can take the youngest to do something fun while it's not crowded.

3. Shade - We're not planning to get a cabana, but we have 3 young kids so we'd like to get as much shade as possible. Looking at a TimTracker video, it looked like most of the "free" shade is offered by umbrellas that are spaced out among the chairs all over the park, but it also looked like there were some large cabana-like coverings that have chairs under them, that wouldn't require payment. Anyone know where these are?

4. TaptuSnap - We bought the 5-day photopass thing for our trip. Any tips on activating/connecting it quickly to our Tapu-Tapus in Volcano Bay? It seems like you have to go to a separate photopass kiosk or guest services, which I imagine will require waiting in an extra line - not a great way to start the day, but it would be really fun to get the ride photos on Ohno and Ohyah, etc.

Thanks!

4. Before leaving or returning any Tapus, you can link them at the photo station near the front of the park. You'll want to link all the Tapus, as they take automatic photos on several slides which are connected via the individual Tapus. But you can wait til you're heading out for the day, so you don't waste precious morning time.

3) There is definitely one permanent shade structure near Bambu restaurant and Puka Uli Lagoon/landing for Ohno & Ohyah. It's next to the edge of the TeAwa Fearless River. However, sometimes this area of the park is not open during early entry. So you would have to go back once the park opened.

Following up on shade as described above, there are three palapa kinda things. If you get the loungers under the middle one that have a little sun in the morning, you will be in shade the rest of the day.

Thanks everyone - very helpful!

I also think I found the answer to #1 -- once your TapuTapu says ride now, you can come back any time, right? So there is no outside time limit on the return window?

For #2, anybody know if the rivers, beach and play area are open during EPA?

Hello :
We were there in June , the rivers are not open during EPA ,the beach is , I am not sure about the play areas . And all the back of the park is closed until after 9 am.

Hello :
We were there in June , the rivers are not open during EPA ,the beach is , I am not sure about the play areas . And all the back of the park is closed until after 9 am.
We were planning on grabbing one of the shade structures towards the back of the park during early entry, does anyone know exactly where they cut off the back of the park until 9:00?

We were planning on grabbing one of the shade structures towards the back of the park during early entry, does anyone know exactly where they cut off the back of the park until 9:00?

Last October, they had everything behind Ohno/Ohya shut off until the park opened. There's a walkway that narrows just past them that is easy for them to block off. I don't know about the right side of the wave pool. Krakatau is open, but I can't remember if anything past that is.

There is a bridge right after Krakatau aqua coaster that connects with the rest of the park and that one was closed until after 9.00 am when we were there .
When entering the park don't waste your time at the lockers by the entrance( everybody will be stopping there) , there are more lockers close to Krakatau and a lot of seating space there .
After the bridge opened we were able to get some seats by the shadows just passing the Bambu restaurant .Close to the cabanas, the trees give a pretty good shade .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter