First time WaterPark-ers, trying to choose one

I’ve done both. BB is great when the ski lift is working. The stairs kill me at both. Miss adventure is awesome for the low entry point and no stairs. My family loves the wave pool at TL, just do not stand in shin deep water. It will take you off your feet and scrape your body. We enjoy both parks equally, although I think they both have some serious catching up to do with Volcano Bay.

Are you buying a 1 day water park ticket and will you have a car with you? Last year we took my brother down and bought 1 day water park ticket. We went to Blizzard Beach that morning, left the park for lunch in our car, and drove to Typhoon Lagoon for the afternoon. You could enter both on 1 water park ticket.

They are both great...which is why you will get so many opinions! We did both on our last trip and our boys actually preferred TL. They were 8 & 10 at the time. If felt like TL had more shade (which could have just been perception based on the theme?) and overall just enjoyed the atmosphere and slides. We really thought they would like BB the best and they did really enjoy it but both said they preferred TL.
The day we did BB we showered there and got dressed close to closing and did an evening at Epcot. It was a great way to spend that day!
I really don't think you can go wrong!

I thought that your one ticket let you visit both water parks in one day. Maybe I misunderstood. I don't care for slides so I have never been to BB.

For us, it is TL hands down. We can go to any local water park and go down water slides. They may not be as good as BB but, I have never been in a wave pool like the one at TL in my life. It is AWESOME! Especially for teens. Every wave knocks you off your feet.

We do both every trip. If we could only do one, it would be Typhoon hands down. We much prefer the theme, the slides and of course the wave pool. Blizzard is great too, and has the better of the two family raft rides for sure, we just like the look and overall feel of Typhoon a LOT more.

OP here....thanks for all the input! I guess I hadn't learned yet that BB has more slides than TL so that might be the tipping point for my kids. I definitely prefer the tropical theme at TL over BB since we live in Minnesota and see more than enough snow, but I might have to just deal with it! After five days in the Florida heat, I might be looking forward to snow!

BB has way more "thrills" than TL. My family did TL until BB opened. After a few trips they wanted to go back to TL. They were all sorely disappointed in the slides - felt they were babyish and short. The only thing it had was the powerful wave pool but after about 20 minutes they were done with that. TL is older, they learned lots and BB is designed with much more in thought. If I couldn't do both on a trip, I would only do BB.

Are you buying a 1 day water park ticket and will you have a car with you? Last year we took my brother down and bought 1 day water park ticket. We went to Blizzard Beach that morning, left the park for lunch in our car, and drove to Typhoon Lagoon for the afternoon. You could enter both on 1 water park ticket.
We are getting the ParkHopper Plus option so we will have as many water park entries as we have days on our tickets....7. We'll see if I'm in the mood to check them both off the list or break it up over two days when we get there. Sitting here in Minnesota where we haven't had anything but rain and cold so far this spring, being at a water park as much as possible sounds far more enjoyable than it usually does to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter