• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Timer to WDW - PLEASE HELP !!

ghubs

Earning My Ears
I am planning a first time visit for 4 nights in mid Sept 2001 with our family of 5 (kids 16, 13, 9). Looking for direction on good value hotel ($80-120 night) on site or off. At this point I am leaning towards Holiday Inn Family Suites (KidsSuite) or AllStar Sports (2 rooms). I seen a post for $49 room rate. Coincerned that HIFS may be more for younger kids and my teens will be overcome.

Any suggestions for ideas would be welcome as this may be the last "family" vacation before the oldest is off to college and I want to make it the best. Look forwrad to your help. Thanks.

Hi, with 16, 13, and 9, and mom and dad, the first thing I want is a place to spread out and at least two bathrooms..........we have been many times with kids and grandkids over last 20 years.....when we have a large crew we rent a house or condo.....my recommendation is vrbo.com......these are rentals direct from the owners and we have been very satisfied....I have no doubt you could get a 4 bedroom 2 or 3 bath house for under 110 a night easy........this would include a pool, and be within 10 t0 15 minutes of disney......drawbacks are no large pool complex or resaurant on site, and of course, you ,make the beds.......at vrbo go to "central florida" and just have fun looking at all the rentals....you should have no problem getting the lowest rate they offer, so always ask.........personally we liked a 3 bedroom, 3 bath condo, because it had a big central pool and we have little grandkids that we didn't want wandering into the patio pool.........there are many many options for you, so take your time, look around and in
September there will be lots of empty rooms, so don't hurry yourself to make plans...........now, one more thought to confuse you....plan B could be a 2 rooms from Priceline at a 3 star level..for about 45 dollars a night......we just got The Rennaissance World Hotel for 45 a night for just wife and I for 6 nights in May.........If a really nice hotel is what you want and close to Disney is OK, priceline could do two rooms for you and family.....good luck....Grandpa Ted

although , a house or home might be nice u , SHOULD STAY IN THE PARK.... WILL BE A MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE,, SOME OF THE SHOWS R LATE AT NIGHT AND U DO NOT WANT TO MISS THEM .
stay at the allstars 50.00 how can u go wrong
or look at www. mousesavers.com u could get a
disney instatute BUNgalow for a reasonable price also
some of the moderate resort r also priced at 89.00 per night good luck
stay on site is a must......
the traffic when u leave at night in the dark in a strange place forget it , get there and throw the keys away peter:smooth:

especially for the first time! You will be right in the middle of the magic!:p

By staying at a Disney Resort, on-site you get some really nice extra's!

1) Free transportation back and forth every 15-20 minutes. Great for mid-day naps!

2) Free room delivery of all the stuff you buy. Why lug all the souveniors around all day. Have the WDW staff drop them off to your room, it's totally FREE

3) Only on-site Disney Resort guests are elgible for Early Entry (get in and hit the rides hours before the parks open to the public) and E-Ticket nights (park open exclusively for Resort Guests).

As the wise person above suggested, hit the codes link to get the best rate on a room. Getting 2 rooms, either adjoining or next door at one of the All-Star resorts will make your kids feel like young adults, plus give you a little 'honeymoon' time. And where else can you get a room for $49/night, that is anywhere near as nice as the Disney resorts.

If you want to spend a bit more, you could get a 'Moderate' class resort for $89/night. Same benefits, just a little bigger room. But definitely, and in all sincerity <b>stay ON-SITE at a Disney Resort </b>, some of the other on-site properties are not owned by Disney, and do not qualify for the onus's listed above.

Use the Code Board to get 2 adjoining rooms at the All Stars. That would be option with age of your children. You would also have 2 bathrooms available. Even if there are not 2 adjoining rooms available, your children appear to be old enough to have their own room. Take it from someone who has stayed off-site, STAY ON-SITE IF YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!

STAY on SITE!! Wake up to the magic, go to sleep to the magic.

I know some readers will groan, but you need to plan a commando trip!! WDW is no time for a vacation!!! Read books and trip reports and know what you are going to do each day. Here are a couple tips.

1. PLAN,PLAN,PLAN! tHE MORE YOU KNOW THE BETTER EDGE YOU HAVE ON THOSE THAT DON'T.

2 Get the park-hopper passes so you can go to more than one park in a day.

3. Hit all the early entries you can. The 9 year old will probably still like fantasyland. We did all of fantasyland in less than an hour on early entry, everyone else was running of to space and splash mountains.

4.Get the E-tickets if there are any nights during your stay.

5Use the WDW transportation system. We rarely waited 10 minutes for a bus. One night we stayed to closing at M.K.. When we got to our bus station for our hotel, there was about 300 people in front of us!! A bus pulled up, three minutes later two more buses pulled up and as soon as they pulled out two more buses pulled up!!! We were gone in about seven minutes!

6. Use fastpass, it's great.

7. IF THERE IS ANY WAY POSSIBLE, TRY TO ADD ANOTHER NIGHT, IT WILL PASS TOO QUICKLY!!!

11/97 Offsite(yuck) and Dixie Landings
11/99 Allstar Movies, Caribbean Beach, and Dixie
11/01 Allstar Movies and Animal Kingdom Lodge

oh yea stay away from the package deals u can find better deals, with out buying a package .... if u do a little work , and we will help on this board save u a bundle.. if we can ,,,, peter

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter