First Timmer should I plan more PS

Sunbeamblue2002

Mouseketeer
Hello,

This is our faimlys first time to WDW and I was wondering if I have enough PS. I have read alot about how crowded it is most likely going to be and how people are turned away when they want to eat someplaces. We are DH-3?, ME-3?, DD-10, DS-4 and DD-15months. This is the pan as it stands now.

Sun arrival-staying off sight will pick up something after the drive to Fl.

7/19 Mon- Mk day
have PS for CRT brkfts at 8:20a

7/20 Tus- Blizzard Beach Day
Dinner at Ohana for our anniversity dinner

7/21 Weds- off day/Spa day for mom and older dd
Grand Tea at 3:10 (if our treatments end at 1:30 we should have plenty of time to get to the tea right???)

7/22 Thurs- Epcot day
Have the Ice cream social at 3:10p

7/23 Fri- 4 different plans

#1- another off day at DTD and dinner at Rainforest cafe with GC I have from doing reward programs.

#2- Back to MK (hubby worried that it'll be super super crowed since its the start of the weekend.)

#3- Go to Animal Kingdom in morning and Mk in eve.

#4- Sea World

7/24 Sat- Amimal Kingdom day
If didn't go to RFC on Fri will go today if did do RFC then we will just pick something up and swim and pack in the eve.

The rest of the time we will just be doing counter service and snack stuff. I was thinking of adding a buffet but I had a bad experince at a Home Old town Buffet so it has change my view of them greatly. I just don't want everyone to deside that they want to eat and have to wait for hours to eat because of crowds. I think I have enough but as always am starting to second guess myself. Oh yea the rest of the mornings we will be ating brfst in the villa so thats not an issue.

Thanks for the advice,
Sunbeamblue2002

I usually only do 1 PS a day so you look fine. You may want to try to eat in a country at Epcot. You would wnt a PS if you decide to do that.
One ? though, where is your MGM day? i don't see one planned. Maybe you could do that on Fri.

We generally only do one PS a day also. If there is someplace else you're dying to try, you might add it on. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't. Then again, I don't like to be too scheduled either. LOL We're also fairly flexible with what time we eat which helps.

Also remember that you can make PS from your hotel and the parks (we do this a lot). If someone sees something they really want to try, go to Guest Services or call WDW-DINE from your resort room before you leave that day and see about a PS. Several times we've even called that afternoon for a dinner PS that night.

I think everything looks really nice and special!!!

I agree about the dinner at a country in EPCOT. Let your 10 y/o and 4 y/o pick.

On the last day I guess my choice would be AK considering the ages of your kids. I'd plan a few things there that the kids might like, Lion King, Tough to be a Bug, Flights of Wonder, and just walk around checking out the animals.

Then a dinner at EPCOT, and you could even wait until that night to see if there's anywhere anyone wants to go again. Have a few ideas in mind. That's kind of what I'm doing on our last night there in July. I've already got "kind of a list" in mind, but I'm just going to see if anyone wants to do anything again. It's also my "security night" for any night time shows that may have gotten rained out. BTW, we'll be there the same week!!!:wave2:

Make your dinner PS's as son as you can. They fill up the fastest. Prime lunch times fill up fast at MK and sometimes MGM but not so much at Epcot. Epcot is a great place to wing a lunch.

But as soon as you do decide on a restaurant, no matter when, call for a PS. It's amazing to me from talking to CM's and DISers how many people cancel PS's with little notice even though you don't have to. Even in a busy season there might be one out there at a time you can handle.

I think your ps looks good. With little ones you dont want to much of a tight sch so 1 ps a day makes good sense. Our 2 youngest are 2 and 4 and we only sch 1 per day.

As for 7/23 if you missed attractions at MK your first day then hit it again all or day or atleast in am then maybe DTD in the pm.
If you do all at WDW you want to then I would go to Sea World that day.

remember you can also call *88 from any pay phone in the park (for instance I've used the ones by the international gateway in Epcot) and be connected to disney dining for free.

Thanks again for the replys. They were all very helpful. As normal I've been second guessing my self as time draws near. Thanks alot for the info on *88 and the pay phone I never would have thought of that.
Thanks alot
Sunbeamblue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter