First Trip Report - Greeting from OKW!

Lasrnw

lasrnw
:cool1: All I can say about the one bedroom villa is WOW! I am the happiest new DVC member you can imagine!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cool1: Always great to hear of someone having a wonderful time!

Oh-oh. You're spoiled on your maiden voyage. Those OKW 1 bedrooms are the best. Wishing I were there too...

Glad that your having a WONDERFUL time and
WELCOME HOME!!! :flower:

After a long day at the parks, DH is sleeping on the couch-exhausted - and I just got out of the "spa" tub with the bubble bath I bought at Downtown Disney last night...... can't wait for tomorrow!! :banana:

Welcome HOME Lasrnw :wave2:
Glad you're enjoying your 1 bed at OKW. So what building are you in ?
Have a great day tommorrow ! :Pinkbounc

How fun is this! Little tid-bits from OKW.

Keep 'em coming! And enjoy!!!

We are in building number 44 - location is nice..close to a quiet pool and bus stop. Had dinner at Olivia's...night one when we got in....food and service was great.

Balcony over looks a little lake with fountain....I so want to come for Christmas!!! :disrocks:

We are in building number 44 - location is nice..
Good location ! We were in 43 a couple years ago. Ground floor and the ducks came right up to our porch. Kids loved feeding them.
How are the crowds at the parks ?

How wonderful that you are there and still talking to us!

Enjoy yourselves, I know I wish I were there, (and I would take a studio).

Bobbi :flower:

What a day today!!! Oh let's just get to the best part.....the restaurant in Canada...."le something"....the steakhouse....it was just great!! I definately recommend the sampler desert and the illuminations show was amazing. Crowds weren't bad at all at Epcot.....spent most of the day at the pool near building 44, only a handful of people there....very relaxing.

How do I book for the holidays?? Would I have any chance for the beginning of December for a long weekend?

Le Cellier. My DW and I really like it, too! We also like the OKW buildings in the 40's area because of the quiet pool and snack bar. Thanks for taking the time to post. Do they have high speed internet at OKW yet?

I would certainly try :sunny: We had to re-schedule our Oct vacation to mid Dec and had no problems. We did this a month ago; I would think a studio might be hard though! :wizard: for you and thanks for more updates :teeth:

You can always get on the wait list if what you want is not available right now. I LOVE OKW!! BTW- I have never been disappointed by the wait list- It has always come through.

I'm thinking of requesting bldg 65(think that's the one)... due to proximity to main hall, pool area/playground and bus stop. Is this asking for NOISE and will it not be as pretty and scenic if we're near all of that?

I'm thinking of requesting bldg 65(think that's the one)... due to proximity to main hall, pool area/playground and bus stop. Is this asking for NOISE and will it not be as pretty and scenic if we're near all of that?
Hi moopdog. There is no bldg 65 but I think you're referring to 62, 63 & 64. I believe 64 is the one that does not have it's own parking lot ? These are also the only bldgs with elevators. We stayed in 62 this past Nov and loved it. It was about a 30 sec walk to the bus stop and very close to the main pool/HH/Olivia's. PLUS, has a terrific view of Illuminations.
We also had a great view of a small lake from our ground floor patio :
f63804a4.jpg

On the down side, we did hear/see the disney busses much more from this bldg than from any other bldg we've stayed in at OKW. We also heard the noisy linen cart train early in the morning. But it didn't bother us enough to not ever want to get this location again. We felt the plusses outweighed the negatives. We got off at the Pennisular road bus stop at the end of the day and it was just a short 1 min walk across the bridge to our villa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter