First trip to BCV - before or after BWV?

CaliforniaDreaming

#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert
Hey everyone! We have decided that we would like to stay at both BWV and BCV on our trip next year. I'm not sure if we should stay at BWV first (standard view) then BCV, or the other way around.

Also, for a dedicated 2BR, as far as room requests, how does non-smoking/pool view/top floor sound? They are listed in order of importance to us. But, as long as it doesn't smell like smoke, anything really is fine! ;)

Thanks so much!!!

Your requests sound reasonable and should be able to be accomodated. We really didn't care for BWV, so I'm not the one to suggest BWV first or second. We own at BCV, VWL and OKW.

If you want the standard view (if you are not a BWV member), you'll need to pick a time when you can get that standard view at the 7 month time. Standard view will give you a parking lot-front drive view and no pool view.

I already have the standard view booked for all nights (we own BWV). My 7 month window is coming up for BCV, so I'll need to decide soon. :) Thanks!

I don't know which is better, but I did BWV standard view before BCV one trip, and it was perfect. And I got the standard view at 7 months-for early December. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised! As far as the view, I can't help you since I've never had the pool view. Everyone's different, but I love the courtyard view. My least favorite is the former Epcot view because that road noise annoys me, but other people aren't bothered by the noise and love the view.

CaliforniaDreaming said:
Also, for a dedicated 2BR, as far as room requests, how does non-smoking/pool view/top floor sound? They are listed in order of importance to us.

What type of 2 bedroom do you have reserved? If it is a 2 bedroom with 2 queens in the second bedroom then there may only be a small number (3-6) that are pool view, all on the third floor.

Our first trip was first floor "pool view" - really canal view. It was just fine. I liked the first floor and it was so close to the self parking lot. Our second trip was 3rd floor Epcot view. That was nice watching the fireworks at the end of the day when my little one was in bed. We were over the canal again but not as pretty on this side (garbage) and could see and hear the thump, thump of the service road bridge. Not bad, didn't hinder our sleep but just enough to infringe on the vacation feel.

I doubt we'll be able to get the dedicated with 2 queens, but I do plan on waitlisting for it. Hopefully we will atleast be able to get the dedicated 2br, but the lockoff will be fine too. :) I just really want to try BCV.

:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter