First Visit and Honeymoon- Dining Reviews 1/6/07

mistybuchanan

1st time to WDW & Our Honeymoon 1/6/07
January 7th – Epcot

Lunch: Coral Reef

This was the absolute best Table Service that we had with the DDP. Although it was time for training new servers we had the best waitresses ever. They were very attentive, so much to the point of bringing new drinks right before the old ones were finished. The atmosphere is awesome too, I could just sit in there to look at the aquarium. We had lunch at 11:30am and there were only 3 other families in there so it was very very quiet.

Appetizers:
My DH had the Seafood and Crab Souffle- it was served with a creamy lobster sauce. He said that it was pretty good and not to fishy tasting so I had to try it (note I am NOT a fish person). It really was good, and that is saying a lot for me……price: $9.49

My appetizer was the Shrimp Cocktail. When ordering it I thought it was like the normal shrimp cocktails, you know little tiny shrimp with cocktail sauce. It was no where near this. The shrimp pieces were large and it was in a bowl with Asisan noodles and a sauce. It was a little too fishy tasting for me and I didn’t finish it all so that I could save room for lunch….price $9.99

Entrée:
I really wanted to start this trip off with trying foods that I would not normally have sine we were on the DDP. As I said I am not a fish person, I think that got ruined when my grandpa would catch freshwater fish while we were camping and it tasted really bad (sorry gramps). Anyway the server suggested the Grilled Mahi Mahi and assured me that it was very mild. My DH and I both ordered this meal. Let me tell you it was FABULOUS. I couldn’t even tell that I was eating fish if it were not for the flakiness. The Mahi was very very tender and oh so good. It really tasted like chicken. The Israeli Couscous that is was served over was different but really added to the taste of the fish…..price $17.99 each

Dessert:

My favorite part of any meal…As soon as I got to the menu this is where I looked first…..there was one dessert that caught both of our eyes: The Chocolate Wave. It was the most incredible chocolate dessert that I have ever had. It was made of Warm dark chocolate with a white chocolate Grand Marnier center with chocolate ganache and white chocolate ice cream. I just wish that I could make it at home…I would be in heaven…….price $7.99 each.

Dinner: Teppanyaki Grill in Japan

My DH and I have ate at many Teppan grills before and we can honestly say that this was not one of our faves. The food was good, but not over the top. The atmosphere was very crowded and noisy. Here you sit at a grill with other guests and all have the same cook who cooks food right in front of you. The space to eat is realitively small and when it is crowded there isn’t much room for your plate and drinks. We found ourselves all stacking our dirty dishes with other couples just to have more room. We had a ADR for 6pm but didn’t get in until closer to 7pm.

Appetizers:

I had the mixed Garden Salad for starters. It was good except for the ginger dressing….different and not my taste……price $3.99

My DH had the Miso soup….he loves this soup and said that it was just as good as the others that he had tried….price $2.99

Entrée:

The entrée is cooked right in front of you with the exception of the steamed white rice. For my entrée I chose the Filet Mignon. It was cooked to order, medium well for me, and was very tender and tasty. The grilled veggies that accompanied it were really good as well. I didn’t have any Udon noodles with it because that was the last thing he was cooking for us and I was already full. Overall the meal was good……price $29.99

DH had the New York Sirloin and Chicken. Again the beef was cooked to his specifications. DH ate everything including the noodles. I tried his chicken and beef and they were also really good…..price $27.99

Dessert:

Before bringing out our dessert choices the servers brought out a cake for us and another couple who were on their honeymoon. It was a ginger flavored cake. Very odd tasting if you will, afterall it was ginger flavored.

Our main dessert for the both of us was Orange Sherbert. What more can I say…..it was as good as sherbert can get….price $4.99ea.

Total Breakdown of price:

$154.38 including sodas with each meal….

Total savings with the DDP: $74.38

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter