First world problem- BCV or VGF ?

Belle091507

Mouseketeer
We are doing a split stay AKV/VGF on our next trip -I currently have a reservation for 5 nights at VGF in January and I noticed that BCV is available for the same 5 nights for 16 less points. I am looking for opinions advice WWYD responses please!

Some info:

-I am before my banking deadline and could recoup these points with no problem.
-we have stayed at VGF (1 night) and loved it so much we bought some add on points!
- we visited BCV and also loved it though we haven't seen the rooms
- love the convenience of the monorail but also love being able to walk to 2 parks:scratchin
- we have 3 kids ages 6/4/1

DH does not want to stay at 3 hotels or I would just book both and I can't get anything else for the dates we have at AKV(marathon weekend)

So this is my big dilemma :rotfl2:

A couple things I would consider:
1- did you use VGF points for this?...if so, maybe stick with VGF since those points cost so much.
2- saving points with BCV is nice
3- January might not be pool weather for good use of SAB...though we did BCV last January and it was very warm and we got to use SAB and BCV pool.
4- can take stroller right on monorail at VGF but can stroll right to 2 parks at BCV (busing to other 2 parks from BCV is :crazy2:).

For us, I would go with BCV but we have 3 teens and are big Epcot go'ers. If I had little ones, I might go VGF for monorail and proximity to MK.

I'll come in under "WWYD." For only 16 points, I'd stay w/ the GF. I like the convenience of the monorail, too. With the ages of your kiddos, you'll probably spend a lot of time at the MK which will be close. The pool area at the GF is nice for little ones. Stormalong Bay is great but large and can be difficult to monitor the locations of your family. Just my 2 cents.

VGF is beautiful, I would select it. There have been reports that BCV is in need of renovation. VGF also has the pulldown bed for the 5th person, I see you have 3 kids.

DebbieB said:
VGF is beautiful, I would select it. There have been reports that BCV is in need of renovation. VGF also has the pulldown bed for the 5th person, I see you have 3 kids.

I was sort of in same dilemma. We are staying at Jambo 2 nights in December and were stsying 2 nights Boardwalk Villas because we love the Boardwalk walking around and the accessibility to Epoxy. Waitlisted studio since it is just me and my husband this trip. Much to my SURPRISE wait list for VGF came through a couple of dats ago!!!! Can't WAIT for our first trip pre Christmas! ! Good Luck with your decision! Can't go wrong with either! !!!

Since its January I would stay with VGF. Its a new resort and it has little wear and tear as compared to all the other DVC properties. The location is great for getting to and from MK, also they have a nice bus stop area for the other parks. Its very relaxing to visit the lobby in the evenings and listen to the orchestra and piano. Plus you have a 24 hour food venue in Gasparilla's (sp?). The pools there are very nice and the one closest to the DVC area has a great splash area. We love BCV, and really enjoy staying there, but since VGF is new its worth sending some time there.

I think VGF will be harder to book once it sells out. Also, since it may be a bit cold to swim, I would choose VGF. You have easy access to Mk, ttc to Epcot, monorail resort, and even fort wilderness. If it were a warmer weather month, I would pick BCV.

You all gave me some pretty good points- thank you!

I think we will stick with VGF for this trip and see what we can book next trip. Having booked for marathon weekend limited us so next time we will try and avoid peak times and hope for some more flexible availability ! VGF IS beautiful and new and my oldest DS loves the monorail so I think it will be great! When they get a little older SAB will definitely interest them but I'm happy I looked up how big it really is since with their current ages I would be worried all the time!

I would stick with VGF just for the splash pad for your age kids. We had two 7, 5 and 4 and they loved it....of course we also did BCV. And they stayed in the sand shallow area or huge slide. Did not really venture to the pool area.

According to the 2014 YC/BC thread, they are still receiving continued reports that BCV will be updated this year after the regular BC rooms are complete. Nothing official announced yet but apparently coming from reliable sources. So might want to plan there for next year :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter