fish and chips counter vs rose &crown

We always eat the snack size in the pub. The beer tastes better in a real glass :).

is there usually a wait to get into the pub..if so anyone know the best time of day to go? I've always wanted to eat in the r&c and haven't due to being skeptical of some of the dishes so the pub would be same atmosphere but less "scary"! thanks

We love R&C but the f&c's were very disappointing. Soggy. Try the pie sampler at R&C:Pinkbounc Maybe I'll try counter service for the f&c next time.

I've had the fish and chips inside R&C and they were very good. I've seen it posted here many times that many people claim the counter service F&C are better. The salmon inside R&C is very good, my wife enjoys their prime rib. Tell your hubby to check out the beer menu, that should get him inside. Can't go wrong with black & tan or the Imperial Sampler.

steve

O.K.

There are times when you are compelled to chime in no matter how done the topic is. One of my favorite Disney moments/memories involves F&C from the counter service. 1st - they were quite good, the fish was tender and fresh, I think that makes the difference.
So I enjoyed them while sitting listening to Off Kilter (soooogood) while watching my God-Daughter 1 year old enjoy her first chips (yes they were like steak fries) with vineger - she thought they were as yummy as I did. BTW she also enjoyed her 1st live Celtic Rock performance!

Enjoy!
Tammy

Don't do it to yourself. We used to enjoy Rose and Crown. It has turned into a bar for rowdy men to come. The service is ok and the food is mediocre at best. The "counter" lines are very long, never waited for it because the quality has gone downhill for the regular restaurant.

vlahakis: wasn't sure if that was an endorsement or warning! :)(Just kidding, figured it was a warning!) thanks we will go really early if we end up going at all.

I have a question. I have heard that traditional fish and chips are not like the "Americanized" version and there tends to be much more oil retained in the fish and chips. Is that true? Would you say that the fish and chips are more British or American at Epcot?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter