Fishing at Fort Wilderness?

Wendy_Darling_2001

Mouseketeer
Hi
We are planning our second tent camping trip to FW this May. My boyfriend would like to bring his fishing poles, are there any restrictions as to where he can fish? We have seen people fishing over near the swamp trails, in the canals, and near the Meadow Trading Post. I knowm it is catch and release. Also, can you buy bait here?

thanks everyone,
Wendy

Yes, you can fish anywhere! We have the best luck using pieces of raw bacon! But, be sure to keep an eye on the bacon you're not using because those big white birds sneak up behind you and steal it! LOL! :D

I'm so glad someone posted on this!

Has anyone ever caught any good size fish fishing off shore?

My DH and Uncle are dying to do some bass fishing in WDW. I'm concerned that they won't see enough action from FW and I'm debating about surprising them with a fishing excursion. So did anyone feel satisfied enough with their fishing experience at FW or did it leave you wanting more excitement?

tamie

We have fished a few times and only caught little stuff. It's more the experience than anything else. However, maybe others will tell you differently. I may not be that good of a fisherman!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter