Fishing?

natcam1996

Mouseketeer
Every time I try to do a search on this topic it seems the search function is disabled. Anyway, here's my question. I know about the "fishing excursions" that are offered at several resorts for about $160. But I thought I remembered reading about one that was just for kids that was about $30. I can't remember where I read it and it doesn't look like I bookmarked it anywhere. Anybody have any info on this?

This is from the WDWIG site:

Cane Pole Fishing - $6.13 for 30 minutes
Guided Bass Fishing - 3 Guest Minimum - $175 - $186

What things are there for kids to do?

For kids (and kids at heart), catch-and-release fishing on Ol' Man Island is available at the Fishin' Hole. Open 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., it is stocked with catfish, bass, and blue gill, and a catch is almost guaranteed.

This is available at Port Orleans Riverside.

I wonder if you could rent a boat or a water mouse and bring your fishing equipment?

Good luck,

From the Walt Disney World "recreation" website:

- - - - - - -
FISHING:

It doesn't matter if you're a die-hard angler or just someone who likes to wear lures in his hat, we've got something for everyone. Take a fishing excursion with a Disney guide. Or forget all that fancy stuff and just relax with a pole like Huck Finn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bay Lake Excursions:
General Information Private fishing excursions are available on Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon with a Disney guide. All fishing is done on a catch-and-release system. Call (407) WDW-PLAY (939-7529)† for excursion times. Seasonal. Subject to change.

Cost Prices start at $160 per group, for up to five people for two hours; $80 plus tax for one additional hour. Includes pontoon boat, guide, and fishing equipment. Beverages provided. Shiners are $15 per dozen. A "Junior Fishing Excursion" child's fishing experience is available for Guests at the Magic Kingdom® Resorts, for ages 5 to 12 years. Each Junior Excursion is one hour. Reservations required. (Note: Excursions may be canceled due to inclement weather.)

Reservations Reservations can be made up to 90 days in advance by calling (407) WDW-PLAY (939-7529)†.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lake Buena Vista Excursions:
General Information Leaving from the Downtown Disney® Marketplace and Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, there is a fishing excursion designed to fit your needs. Two-, three-, and four-hour excursions for up to five people, including boat, guide, tackle, rods, and reels. Old-fashioned cane pole fishing is also available. All fishing is catch-and-release only. (Note: Excursions may be canceled due to inclement weather.)

Cost Two-Hour Excursions starting at $160 plus tax for two to five people. $80 plus tax for one person. Reservations required. Shiners are $15 per dozen.

Reservations Reservations can be made up to 60 days in advance by calling (407) WDW-PLAY (939-7529)†.

Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside:
General Information Fishing excursions are 6:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. (Hours vary seasonally.)

Cost Cane pole fishing near Ol' Man Island for $4.00 per half hour per pole. Family special (four to six poles) is $12.50 per half hour.

Reservations Reservations can be made up to 60 days in advance by calling (407) WDW-PLAY (939-7529)†.

Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground:
General Information Cane poles are available for rent at the Bike Barn. Open daily.

Disney's Yacht Club and Beach Club Resorts Excursions:
General Information Two-hour excursions are available.

Cost Two-Hour Excursions starting at $160 including tax for up to five people.

Kids' Fishing Trips: ages 5 to 12 years, two-hour excursion. $30 including tax per child. Available Monday and Wednesday, 10 a.m.

Reservations Reservations can be made up to 90 days in advance by calling (407) WDW-PLAY (939-7529)†.

Disney's BoardWalk Excursions:
General Information Two-hour excursions are available.

Cost Two-Hour Excursions starting at $160 including tax for up to five people. Gear and refreshment provided.

Kids' Fishing Trips: ages 6 to 12 years, one-hour excursion. $30 including tax per child. Available Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, 10 a.m. Call (407) 939-6486† for reservations (for Kids' Fishing Trips only).

Prices and availability subject to change without notice.

Please Note: Fishing license is not required for any Disney fishing excursion.

† Remember: If you are under 18 years of age, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to dial this number.

*Specialties subject to without notice.

- - - - - - -

Janet2k,

Thanks for the info. It was exactly what I was looking for. I find so much on the Dis boards, I never to think to look back at the Disney Website. Duh!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter