Fitting a Rental Scooter into a room at AS Sports

Melora

Disney Dreaming
We are staying at AS sports in 3 weeks and are going to be parking a rental scooter in the room.
We've got a basic one from Gold Mobility.
Checking to see how it is getting it in and out of the room.
We were at All Star Music last year and the scooter fit pretty nicely by the door but we had a family suite.
Not a lot we can do if it's going to be impossibly tight but just wondering what anyone's experience has been.

Regardless of the hotel, Disney Resort hotel room doors are all the same width as far as I know.

The most helpful accessory to bring with you is this: Wedge-it (just a link, no affiliate motive involved) You can find YT videos about it as well; it’s very versatile and works even if there is a large gap under the door.

Regardless of the type of mobility device I use while traveling (rollator, scooter or wheelchair) I have one with me all the time. Just so handy for hotel room doors of all kinds.

Worse to worse you can have the table in the room removed for more space for the scooter.

Worse to worse you can have the table in the room removed for more space for the scooter.
Yes exactly! They can just call Housekeeping on the room phone, and ask them to remove the table to help make more room.

I believe the OP is asking specifically about All Star Sports rooms. At the All Star resorts and POP it is not always possible to have furniture removed — the table is integrated into the Murphy bed.

There is more space to maneuver if the bed is stowed during the day. That will allow for easy entry/exit. Areas to park an ECV include near the window as well as in the area where a connecting door might be.

If one will need to use the ECV to get about the room, it would be better to reserve an HA room because regular rooms are tight with both beds out.

I've stayed at All Stars several times with an ECV and I pulled it in and left it right by the window. If the table bed is up you'll have more room to maneuver but most of the time we left it down. There's not a ton of extra space that way but it is doable. You might need to put it in "manual rolling mode" by flipping that switch at the back so it rolls freely when turned off and position it that way or have someone help you do it. I'm assuming you're getting a 2 queen bed room. I've stayed in the AS Music suite and it's definitely bigger.

Regardless of the hotel, Disney Resort hotel room doors are all the same width as far as I know.

The most helpful accessory to bring with you is this: Wedge-it (just a link, no affiliate motive involved) You can find YT videos about it as well; it’s very versatile and works even if there is a large gap under the door.

Regardless of the type of mobility device I use while traveling (rollator, scooter or wheelchair) I have one with me all the time. Just so handy for hotel room doors of all kinds.
These are on sale on Amazon. I got a 2 pack for $7.99

Sorry, I forgot the table at this resort cannot be removed. Keep in mind if it's easier to get the scooter in and out of the room you can lift up the table and murphy bed as necessary. Then, you can position the scooter out of the way and bring the table and bed back down if being used.

Sorry, I forgot the table at this resort cannot be removed. Keep in mind if it's easier to get the scooter in and out of the room you can lift up the table and murphy bed as necessary. Then, you can position the scooter out of the way and bring the table and bed back down if being used.

Oh I forgot too - they got the "table beds" with the last update.

Thank you all for your replies!
I won't need the scooter in the room, just for keeping me off my bum knee while at the parks so it sounds like we shouldn't have any trouble, especially if we lift up the murphy bed.
I will have two adult kids who can hold the door while we're getting the scooter in and out that should be helpful as well.

Thank you all for your replies!
I won't need the scooter in the room, just for keeping me off my bum knee while at the parks so it sounds like we shouldn't have any trouble, especially if we lift up the murphy bed.
I will have two adult kids who can hold the door while we're getting the scooter in and out that should be helpful as well.
You shouldn't need to lift the murphy bed with just one scooter, although it might make it easier to maneuver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter