Flower or Weed?

Amy

MamaGrumpy
Hi all! I usually hang out on the Photography or Community Boards, but I have a question one of you can hopefully answer.

I can't tell you how many times I've planted perennials, only to have them start growing the next year and I think they're weeds and I pull them out. I must have planted Gallardia 4 or 5 years in a row before I realized what I was doing!:headache:

Anyway, these plants came up in my front garden bed this year; I have absolutely no recollection of planting anything that looked like this, and I think they might be weeds. But I figured I'd check with you guys just to be sure before I rip them out.

Here's a picture next to a tulip so you can see the size:
IMG_1507.jpg

And here's a closer look at the flower heads:
IMG_1512.jpg

Flower or weed?? Thanks for your help!

I'd pull it out. It's not very pretty or dramatic, except for size, and looks like it's putting out a lot of seed pods right now, which could be a big problem in the future.

I am not a flower expert at all, but that looks like a weed--I think I have seen that exact thing many times in patches of weeds--weeds will take over fast down here if you don't watch out.

Thanks for your replies! I DID rip it out and I don't miss it one bit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter