Flower Picture of the Day

Yellow_Stitch

"No need to expose your superstructure."
Looking back at the photos I've taken at WDW, DW commented that every other shot was of a flower, so I thought I'd like to see everyone's flower and or plant photos. As for rules, I have no way of enforcing them! So just try to limit it to plants or flowers,though I will accept photos of DeVine or Flower the skunk.
Here's a starter:
Disney0617.jpg

I took this on a morning stroll by Hourglass lake at Pop Century.

I dont have any pictures of the flowers yet, but i will in June :cool1: lol. I just wanted to say that your picture is beautiful! I am so happy that the flower is located in PC becuz thats where were staying :cheer2: YAY!

No pics from me, but I love the flowers! They're gorgeous! Can't wait to go down and take some pictures myself :)

I got a great picture at Epcot in March. If I can ever figure out how to post pictures on here, I'll add it.

Took this at the Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot a couple of weeks ago - sorry pic is so big.

100_0881.jpg

dgc, the first photo on this thread was taken in attempt to recreate the photo you just posted, which I had seen before our recent trip. Just beautiful.

Here's one from Epcot-
Disney0639-1.jpg

Here's one of mine from EPCOT opening day of F&G Festival this year.

IMG_3891.JPG

Jennifer Hemric said:
What kind of camera do you have?

Not sure which one of us you are asking, but I will answer for me - I have Canon S2-IS, which I love.

I think all of these photos are beautiful, and it inspires me to take more. I will be hitting EPCOT again on Saturday, just me and my camera!

makinorlando said:
Not sure which one of us you are asking, but I will answer for me - I have Canon S2-IS, which I love.

I think all of these photos are beautiful, and it inspires me to take more. I will be hitting EPCOT again on Saturday, just me and my camera!

Your picture is just gorgeous. I'm looking into buying a digital camera as I still haven't made the switch from 35mm. My problem is that I love to enlarge photos. Anywhere from 5x7 to 16x20. Does this camera allow you to enlarge your pics without it looking "digitally"?

It looks great and is within my price range but do you find it bulky to carry around WDW with you? It looks pretty large.

Keep the pics coming! I LOVE flower photos- I have a bunch (from all over, not necessarily WDW), but alas none are on my computer. :)

KarenAylwood said:
Your picture is just gorgeous. I'm looking into buying a digital camera as I still haven't made the switch from 35mm. My problem is that I love to enlarge photos. Anywhere from 5x7 to 16x20. Does this camera allow you to enlarge your pics without it looking "digitally"?

It looks great and is within my price range but do you find it bulky to carry around WDW with you? It looks pretty large.

Keep the pics coming! I LOVE flower photos- I have a bunch (from all over, not necessarily WDW), but alas none are on my computer. :)

Thank you. I love the camera. My previous digital was a small HP 5mp that I really loved it took adequate pictures, until I started visiting the photography board, and others photo threads here! So after reading good things from users on the board about the S2, I made a compulsive purchase one evening! I have not regretted it - not even with the price drop or the new S3, as I have had sooo much fun with it since I purchased it the beginning of February. This is really something I have enjoyed for many years, but never was serious about and now I am really finding it such a wonderful outlet from the real world!

Where I was able to stick my other camera in a pocket or my purse, this camera really does not feel bulky to me. If I am in a park, it is around my neck. I have a lens adapter on it at all times in the park, so that extends the depth a bit, but nothing cumbersome. It feels good to hold, and is not heavy at all. But I like the feel of the 35mm cameras of old, over the square feel of so many of the P&S (inc my HP!) I just feel more like a photographer!

I am still a novice at anything out of auto mode, but this past weekend my days at MGM and EPCOT found me experimenting a bit more out of the "zone"!

As for enlargements, the largest photo I have printed is the one I posted. I enlarged to 8x10 and framed for DDs teacher on "Bring a Flower for the Teacher Day". I figured this would be something that would last, and she raved about the photo! It was very very clear. I usually shoot in in the largest file size as well as super fine. Someone else on the Photography board with the camera might have more experience with larger prints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter