Flying to Disney - WL

Guapy

Mouseketeer
Well, I was going to drive, but I got a flight for $92 so I'll be flying the friendly skies. The only thing is that I will now be relying completely on Disney transportation from the Wilderness Lodge. The bussing at Allstar music was great. I hope I have the same luck at Wilderness Lodge. Does everyone think I'll be all right?

Hi Guapy,
We always fly and never rent a car so we rely on Disney transportation no matter where we stay. It works fine for us.

We stayed at the Lodge during President's week and had no problems at all with the transportation!! Have a great trip.

We have flown the last three times we have gone and had no problems with Disney transportation. We never rent a car because I stress to much about getting lost. You will have to make arrangements to get from the airport to the hotel. 1 time we used Mears motor shuttle. 1 time a taxi and one time Tiffany town car.

A little about each. By the way, they all cost about the same for our family of 4. Taxi, a taxi is a taxi. It was there waiting and the person at the airport recommended it because-Mears motor shuttle, there was a line to buy a ticket and then you had to wait until they called out your hotel to get into a cramped van or a bus.
Last, Tiffany Town car. THE BEST they meet you at the airport waiting for you. They had a Lincoln town car to pick us up. Very professional and they were waiting and watching to see if there were any delays for our flight and if there were they would adjust their schedule. To come home we called a day before and told them what time we wanted to leave and they were out front of the hotel waiting on us.

Disney seems to push Mears, I am not sure why, I can guess, but I won't. Even when we left the hotel one of the attendants asked if they could get us a cab and we said no thank you, we were getting Tiffany transportation and they remarked they never heard of them. (hummm) There is car there picking people up at least once an hour and when we entered the lodge the attendant at the gate left the driver right through, no questions asked.

we have never had a problem w/wdw transportation! we too have never had a car and never have needed it! also, from the WL is a boat(the only way to MK) over to MK. this is a nice change from the bus! and here is another vote for tiffany towncar! they are great! www.tiffanytowncar.com have a great trip! btw, 92$ is a great airfare! wow, wish we could have gotten that out of houston :wave: :tongue:

May I ask how much Tiffany charges for roundtrip service? We will be a group of 2 or 4 staying at a moderate resort.

BlueFairy,

Rates for up to 5 people are $45 one way.......$80 roundtrip.:D

Wilderness Lodge is my favorite WDW hotel (well, it used to be till I discovered the Animal Kingdom Lodge), and we never drive. We always take Happy Limo to WDW and use the Disney buses. For the most part the service is great...you will run into delays here and there, but with the exception of Caribbean Beach Resort, where we once waited over 45 mins. for a bus, you should have no trouble. I like being able to take the boat from WL to MK. Even if the buses take a bit long once in a while, it's much less of a hassle than driving.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter