Flying Westjet? Check your flights!

I've been trying to decide if I should trust Canadian airlines again after having such issue with AC.

Reading through this, I'm not sure I'm ready to fly...not because of Covid, but because I can't trust airlines to provide the service I purchased.

I just think people are working very hard to ensure they get what they actually paid for...any other industry, we'd be appalled. I was never a fan of airlines but having to check that they don't change my flight constantly without notifying me is annoying...but having an issue contacting them to fix the issue is something I, as a consumer, shouldn't have to do. I guess I'm naive or expecting too much for them to contact me to ask me if I want to keep the change or receive a refund...just a mere email will do. A few years ago, I asked them why they didn't notify me when I noticed my flight time changed (it wasn't constantly like it seems to be now...now it's almost like it's expected, rather than a possibility), and they said that it takes time to do that and I should check it regularly.

Sorry for the rant...but why should I have to check it when I purchased a service. If they're changing it, they have to inform me so I can choose not to go forward...it shouldn't be a matter of whether I should get a refund...I paid for something, I expect it to be what I paid and if it changes, I can accept it or not. But if I don't accept it and there isn't any other flights that would work, then a refund (to my original form of payment) should be the only resolution.

Last edited:
It’s insane!!! If I hadn’t checked my app I never would’ve known I apparently am not confirmed on my flights!!

It’s insane!!! If I hadn’t checked my app I never would’ve known I apparently am not confirmed on my flights!!
I am waiting for the next reply on twitter to accept my flight changes so I am confirmed and can see my seats etc I feel like each morning I will be checking my flight with my coffee.

The flights they rebooked me on were fine so I left them. Those flights are still for sale and the yvr to lax has about 50 seats taken, and that’s just people who pre purchased seats. I’m sure many more sold but not assigned yet. So we have been pulled off as unconfirmed? Just for fun, when I do talk to them I’m going to ask for comp upgrade to premium and see if they will :)

I just got the dreaded flight change email! Not for Disney though, just another destination in Canada. Either keep the new itinerary, request a call back to make changes or full refund. Damn, there goes my non stop flight, now a stopover and getting in super late!

Got my email overnight, first call back is not for 2 days. Thinking to take the day before flight and add another hotel night. Currently on-hold with them and sent message over twitter, will see what happens. Either way it is more $$ for hotel and another day of car sigh....

OK so just got an email about changing our flights from direct from Toronto to lax. Arghhh I don't like stopovers as I get headaches from change in pressure in the planes. Good thing is on way home but adds an extra day to our flights. We are now routed from lax to Calgary then have 90 minutes between next flight from Calgary to Toronto. Does anyone know if it is possible to make a connecting flight in that short length of time with covid procedures involved. :mad::mad:. I also waited on phone to change flights or ask thw same question for 2 hours one night finally gave up and figured oh well if we don't make our flight then I guess we are waiting for next one they book us on since they recommended that flight.

OK so just got an email about changing our flights from direct from Toronto to lax. Arghhh I don't like stopovers as I get headaches from change in pressure in the planes. Good thing is on way home but adds an extra day to our flights. We are now routed from lax to Calgary then have 90 minutes between next flight from Calgary to Toronto. Does anyone know if it is possible to make a connecting flight in that short length of time with covid procedures involved. :mad::mad:. I also waited on phone to change flights or ask thw same question for 2 hours one night finally gave up and figured oh well if we don't make our flight then I guess we are waiting for next one they book us on since they recommended that flight.
I have just under an hour for our layover in Calgary as well. I am hoping it is fine because there are not other options for us to take that day. We chose to add the extra day on our way home. I asked for some sort of compensation or even a voucher for the lounge on the way home as we will be stuck in the airport for 6 hours. She said the are not able to to do anything. Travel before was annoying now it is just plain frustrating.... I hope this was the only change I will see but will keep checking my flights.

Well this is the second major change we have had to make from westjet. First was changing to a very much earlier flight. We were supposed to leave around 6 now that was moved to 9 am and now a connecting flight. Both times they have given us 25% off base price for up to 6 people lol. But if want to use only with them and also will cost us more money. The first time we rebooked a Disney trip for grandsons and daughters. But husband wants to visit his dad on east coast so may use it for that. But sick of the changes

Looks like at least 1{tlcdoula} if not both of you will miss your connection.Under an hour and having to do customs doesn't look very good.Hope the next flight isn't too long a wait.

Last edited:
Perfect!!! Did you get something that worked out ok? Mine are done too. Well not what I wanted but I still have flights.
I got the exact same flights that had disappeared from my booking! And they happen to work really well timewise for us, so I am happy with them.

After waiting 2 hours on hold, I reached out on twitter, we went back and forth over about 45 mins and I decided to take the exact same flights the day before and booked another night at the hotel in anaheim. It's all good unless they change it all again. Changed the rental car 4 times already and prices are sooooooooo high for rentals from lax right now oh well. Fingers crossed it doesn't change again.

Last edited:
I have just under an hour for our layover in Calgary as well. I am hoping it is fine because there are not other options for us to take that day. We chose to add the extra day on our way home. I asked for some sort of compensation or even a voucher for the lounge on the way home as we will be stuck in the airport for 6 hours. She said the are not able to to do anything. Travel before was annoying now it is just plain frustrating.... I hope this was the only change I will see but will keep checking my flights.

Won‘t you have to do US immigration/ border security in Calgary now? Not sure those layovers will be enough time…

Well let's hope that it is enough time. They were the flights that westjet suggested as next beatboption for replacement of direct flights. Lol If not then I guess they will have to make room on the next flight for us all we can do. I was on July for hours then looked at callback times but they were weird times I'm either at work or in bed sleeping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter