Follow Me! I Will Lead Us Into Battle! A Thanksgiving 2013 TR *COMPLETE*

Thank goodness Muppets was back after being closed for refurb on our last trip. I was really afraid you and your sister would be reciting the whole show out by the fountain if we didn't get to see it.

Ahh, 50's! I thought it was pretty funny that we ran into Loukili - then to be seated in his section was unbelievable! I wonder if you can request a CM to be your server when you make your ADRs. I love that Brownie Sundae, especially all the whipped cream and the caramel (car-mel) corn. Those birthday cards about made me cry. I was not much of a fan of the turkey dinner, but when they are processing 10 million people on Thanksgiving, I can't be too picky.

Happy Almost Birthday! You are really blowing my "I'm 29" story, you know.

Muppetvision, with a glorious 3 hour finale celebrating all countries but mostly America!

Love that movie. I watch it every time. When you were doing Rizzo's "Hello, welcome to my park...." I read it in his voice. :lmao:

Loukili just sounds awesome! I'm so glad you got him again.

That's so awesome with the birthday cards! Those are keepers for sure.

I am certain that Rob would indeed buy a Stacey DVD. ;)

Okay, so my Dad is an incessant snorer (well, he was until he was diagnosed with diabetes and then changed his diet and lost weight....funny how that worked. I have no idea why). I am now capable of sleeping through the loudest events ever. Seriously. Something could explode and I'd have no idea.

That's awesome that you got the same waiter! I'm personally not really up to the antics at 50s but I do love to read the stories from DISers who are. I was a little bummed Kylie didn't get to go all the way back to the kitchen because I would have loved to hear some inside scoop on that!

It's really awesome that everyone in the room got so into writing in the birthday cards. That's Disney magic right there, folks! pixiedust:

Courtney:

I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth, I swear!!!!!!!

I have been super busy at work because I will be going to Disney IN 30 DAYS!!!!!

So far, you have had an action packed day. We stayed at POFQ last time and I loved it, but seeing the Princess rooms makes me want to check out Riverside. We are staying Pop this time and I think we will be for a few years. We were going to alternate back and forth and then my husband says, "why don't we go to Pop a few times and then go Deluxe for our 10th wedding anniversary?" Why yes, that sounds amazing to me. It was his idea to get married in Disney at the Boardwalk. He is a keeper!

I love the Muppets and 50's Prime Time. The food is really tasty and I have always had wonderful CMs.

We start every vacation with the Queen. After I watch the local news in the mornings, Stacy comes on before we leave the room.

Thank you so much for joining in, Judy! Rachel would LOVE the Port Orleans resorts, I hope you guys get over there even if it's just for a visit! I did get a lot of great compliments on the shoes and I am excited to break them out again.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Lisa would be wearing those shoes everyday if she had them...which wouldn't be good since they would not fit her leg brace! They look perfect on you though.

The 50's lunch...how AMAZING!!! ONe of these days....and that card, literally brought tears to my eyes...I am just thrilled you had such a fabulous experience (sans the turkey). WOW!!!! Your Grammy was there with you, I could feel it!!! And I LOVED the card!! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Muppets were a staple in our house when my kids were growing up. I am so glad that they are now a part of the Disney family. Jim Henson and Walt Disney were imagineers and creators for generations of kids to enjoy. 50s is one of our favorite restaurants too. Love the interaction with the CM for sure. Maybe we can add it to our May trip for dinner :thumbsup2

I have loved the Muppets forever and I'm so glad more people are getting to know them with Disney and the new movies! I bet your family is absolutely hilarious at '50s!

Thank goodness Muppets was back after being closed for refurb on our last trip. I was really afraid you and your sister would be reciting the whole show out by the fountain if we didn't get to see it.

Ahh, 50's! I thought it was pretty funny that we ran into Loukili - then to be seated in his section was unbelievable! I wonder if you can request a CM to be your server when you make your ADRs. I love that Brownie Sundae, especially all the whipped cream and the caramel (car-mel) corn. Those birthday cards about made me cry. I was not much of a fan of the turkey dinner, but when they are processing 10 million people on Thanksgiving, I can't be too picky.

Happy Almost Birthday! You are really blowing my "I'm 29" story, you know.

Believe me, it was a viable option in August...we love our Muppets.

Ugh if we get Loukili again in July I will cry (more) tears of joy. He's just the best. I love the brownie sundae too! And yeah, it was one of the busiest days of the year, have to cut them some slack in that department.

Yep, not sure you can pass for 29 with a 21 year old daughter anymore, heh heh.

Muppetvision, with a glorious 3 hour finale celebrating all countries but mostly America!

Love that movie. I watch it every time. When you were doing Rizzo's "Hello, welcome to my park...." I read it in his voice. :lmao:

Loukili just sounds awesome! I'm so glad you got him again.

That's so awesome with the birthday cards! Those are keepers for sure.

I am certain that Rob would indeed buy a Stacey DVD. ;)

Okay, so my Dad is an incessant snorer (well, he was until he was diagnosed with diabetes and then changed his diet and lost weight....funny how that worked. I have no idea why). I am now capable of sleeping through the loudest events ever. Seriously. Something could explode and I'd have no idea.

YES. Sam the Eagle is the bomb.

It's so great! I don't know what I'd do if Disney replaced it.

Loukili is amazing, so much fun. And the cards were so unbelievably sweet.

I am very jealous of your talent. I am the lightest sleeper ever. Thankfully I can sleep no problem with earplugs, which makes vacationing with the family a lot easier.

That's awesome that you got the same waiter! I'm personally not really up to the antics at 50s but I do love to read the stories from DISers who are. I was a little bummed Kylie didn't get to go all the way back to the kitchen because I would have loved to hear some inside scoop on that!

It's really awesome that everyone in the room got so into writing in the birthday cards. That's Disney magic right there, folks! pixiedust:

Yeah, up until recently I never wanted to go to '50s because I didn't think I'd like getting teased. It's definitely not for everyone but Loukili is so hilarious that it's easily my favorite restaurant! I know, I would have loved some backstage Disney info from her!

It really was so magical. I'm going to be holding on to that card for a long time!

Courtney:

I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth, I swear!!!!!!!

I have been super busy at work because I will be going to Disney IN 30 DAYS!!!!!

So far, you have had an action packed day. We stayed at POFQ last time and I loved it, but seeing the Princess rooms makes me want to check out Riverside. We are staying Pop this time and I think we will be for a few years. We were going to alternate back and forth and then my husband says, "why don't we go to Pop a few times and then go Deluxe for our 10th wedding anniversary?" Why yes, that sounds amazing to me. It was his idea to get married in Disney at the Boardwalk. He is a keeper!

I love the Muppets and 50's Prime Time. The food is really tasty and I have always had wonderful CMs.

We start every vacation with the Queen. After I watch the local news in the mornings, Stacy comes on before we leave the room.

That is totally understandable, because it's almost DISNEY TIME!!! I am so excited for you!

I really want to try POFQ sometime. That is a VERY smart idea to stay at Pop and then go deluxe in a few years though. Sounds like you've got a keeper :thumbsup2

Stacey is just so much fun. Even though I know most of the information, it's still exciting to watch because it's one of those things you can only do at Disney!

Lisa would be wearing those shoes everyday if she had them...which wouldn't be good since they would not fit her leg brace! They look perfect on you though.

The 50's lunch...how AMAZING!!! ONe of these days....and that card, literally brought tears to my eyes...I am just thrilled you had such a fabulous experience (sans the turkey). WOW!!!! Your Grammy was there with you, I could feel it!!! And I LOVED the card!! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

I remember Lisa loves Belle, like me princess: the very best princess, in my opinion!

It was so great! I bet your family would be a riot there, it's just such a fun place. I was tearing up a LOT at the card, it was just so sweet for complete strangers to write such nice messages...I will remember it forever.

Happy New Year to you too! Disney time is getting closer!!

We do have a blast whenever we eat at 50s prime time. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2. Maybe we can add it to our May trip again.:cool1:

That's so awesome that you got your amazing cousin as a server again at 50's PT!! He sounds hilarious. ::yes:: I like whip cream too so I don't mind the brownie sundae. In fact, since they changed the Boston Cream cupcake to a parfait I now prefer the brownie sundae. (Unfortunately I usually can't eat it all myself and Em lately has wanted the hot fudge sundae so I'm missing out.)

Your mom is a genius - your B&tB sneakers are adorable. What a great way to show Disney love.

Wishing you an awesome New Year Courtney. :goodvibes

We do have a blast whenever we eat at 50s prime time. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2. Maybe we can add it to our May trip again.:cool1:

I believe it! You guys are leaving for your next trip so soon, I'm so excited for you!!!

That's so awesome that you got your amazing cousin as a server again at 50's PT!! He sounds hilarious. ::yes:: I like whip cream too so I don't mind the brownie sundae. In fact, since they changed the Boston Cream cupcake to a parfait I now prefer the brownie sundae. (Unfortunately I usually can't eat it all myself and Em lately has wanted the hot fudge sundae so I'm missing out.)

Your mom is a genius - your B&tB sneakers are adorable. What a great way to show Disney love.

Wishing you an awesome New Year Courtney. :goodvibes

It was a fantastic family reunion! Yeah, we usually split the sundae among two or three of us because of how huge it is.

She is so creative and did a great job :thumbsup2

Real Life Update #1: That's the funny thing about birthdays, they're kind of an annual thing.

Hi everyone! My holiday season included some Disney-related activities so I figured I would do a quick real life post!

First, Christmas was fabulous. I had a great time with my family. I made this adorable gingerbread house (found the kit at Cracker Barrel)!

11738246173_af5b1ce698_c.jpg

I got some great Disney gifts from the family and friends. First of all, the Belle ornament was the first gift I opened and it got me super emotional. I have pined after this forever and it's finally mine:

11738381454_37782690b5_c.jpg

I also some clothes and posters!

11737985075_0225f7fb1a_c.jpg

Then, I turned 21 on December 30. Here’s me being the birthday princess.

11738242173_75f8d6443b_c.jpg

I celebrated with my boyfriend and two of my best friends. When we were walking to dinner, we saw this sign in front of a bar that was celebrating Disney on Ice…clearly we had to stop by later.

11738740696_8be38721a3_c.jpg

I even took a food picture at dinner like the good DISer I am. Steak, penne, and corn in teriyaki sauce, with a strawberry mango margarita.

11737987715_f7e10ba13a_c.jpg

DBF and I have the same birthday (though he’s a year younger) so we were very excited to celebrate together!

11738737426_7eee731d96_z.jpg

We saw Frozen for the third time and it’s still one of the best movies I’ve ever seen. If I never have to see the short before it again, though, I will be a happy woman.

Then we went to the Drinks on Ice bar, but somehow I forgot to take a picture of my princess sangria…rest assured it was pink and princessy. I did get a picture of my dessert, though!

11738738646_3a83a59563_c.jpg

On New Year’s Eve we celebrated with cake. I was so excited when I saw the plates, as Belle and Rapunzel are my favorites!

11738737346_1c7e40d78e_c.jpg

I had a really wonderful holiday season and I hope you all did too. I also hope you all are keeping safe and warm in this blizzard!

Continued in next post

Chapter Six: Keep Shooting, Buckaroos

Kylie picked up the wake-up call this morning, and quickly passed the phone to me…BECAUSE IT WAS OLAF!!! My new favorite character waking me up! It was so adorable. We put on Stacey while we were getting ready. DA QUEEN.

We headed over to the food court, Riverside Mill! I was reunited with the most glorious of breakfasts, the Mickey Waffle!!! It was amazing, as always.

11390114383_e6f6f5ef0e_c.jpg

My dad had an omelet, which he enjoyed very much.

11390111573_207ef16e5c_c.jpg

Kylie and Mom had cinnamon buns. They weren't huge fans, but they’ve been spoiled by Gaston’s cinnamon buns.

11390008764_a2b7a0abde_c.jpg

We took the bus over to Hollywood Studios and made it before rope drop.

Dad's Photobomb Count: 2, even though this one was accidental.

11390006034_a8a9fe067d_c.jpg

11389975626_1c6ba59678_c.jpg

We joined the mad dash to Toy Story Mania.

Now is the time that I must confess to you, dear readers, that we had access to FP+ and still pulled legacy FPs using our Annual Passes. Please don’t hurt me! I am ashamed! IT WAS MY MOM’S IDEA!

So, Mom pulled legacy FPs while Dad, Kylie, and I got on the ride. We ended up waiting the longest we’ve ever waited for TSMM, right around a half hour, even though we got there first thing. Karma, man.

Kylie won, Dad came in second, and I lost to everyone. Wompa wompa.

Next, Dad went to get a locker to store our sweatshirts, and Mom, Kylie, and I went over to our love, the Magic of Disney Animation. Drawing classes weren’t starting, so we decided to go see the Mushu movie. The best part was seeing clips from Frozen!

11389980015_097ea767a1_c.jpg

After the movie, we hopped in line for the animation class, where we drew this guy:

11389978905_0665ee5b2b_c.jpg

Goofy!

11390979226_235e63ea14_c.jpg

While we were in the drawing class, Dad met his bro Sorcerer Mickey!

11739915723_30bec08865_c.jpg

We decided to check out Minnie’s new meet and greet area, since there was no line.

11390977205_394b9a5949_c.jpg

There are so many cute details in the area! I love the movie posters so much.

11391100403_86f7d0f7df_c.jpg

11391005234_03ca38f158_c.jpg

11390975396_1b1624156e_c.jpg

It was a quick meet with Minnie but she was lovely as always.

11391097453_94fbd439a5_c.jpg

11391096663_1d53eb5a7b_c.jpg

11391095233_98e7ec2d03_c.jpg

11390996774_239362c09c_c.jpg

Next, we did the Great Movie Ride! We had a really great gangster this time.

We headed back over to Toy Story Mania after that to use our FPs. I made my mom do the creep on Hollywood Donald and Daisy because they're so cute.

11390968545_ba6f064594_c.jpg

Just before we got on, I ran into an old pal. I honestly cannot remember a Disney trip where I haven't met the Green Army Man. It's always a must do. Plus, we look great together!

11390995254_cbd36cdb8f_c.jpg

I held the red card:

11390970034_a7ee3599ef_c.jpg

As you can see, I was so ashamed that we pulled legacy FPs that I put myself in jail.

11391063403_c54d78c6d0_c.jpg

I rode with Mom, and she won by just a little!

Continued in next post

Joining in on this! :cheer2: DH and I are looking to visit the world around this time for the lights, so I'm very curious how your crowds levels were. I also love the pictures!

Yes, I was a triple-dipper!! And I dragged you down with me! I blame Josh and Kenny.

YAY Mickey waffle!

I thought Minnie's new area was cute, but if not for the DIS, I don't think I even would have noticed it back there. She needs some better signage. I like that she is somewhere in her red and white dress.

What a beautiful Birthday Princess.

Thanks for sharing some Christmas Courtney. Funny coincidence that I too have a birthday that falls annually. Small world!
Holy wow that you and your BF share the same birthday. That's freaky deaky.
Awww clearly Disney IS indeed a BIG part of your life and it was so lovely to see all the Disney related items for your Christmas/Birthday.

So you put Stacey on while you were getting ready... ok rub it in, lol.

No hate here Courtney. I too pulled the odd FP-. That's what Annual Passes are for. Admittedly I didn't do it a lot, but it was really mostly due to lack of necessity than anything else. It certainly wasn't any moral high ground or anything.
Way to throw your mom under the bus though.

WOOHOO the red card!!! Temporary CM!!!!

Hollywood Donald and Daisy are adorable!

To be honest, I can't say that if I had the opportunity I wouldn't double dip. It's tempting so I can't necessarily hate on people who do it.

I also love those posters of Minnie in her meet and greet. Adorable!

I definitely got that same beauty and beast top for Christmas too! I love it!

We did the same thing and pulled FP- with our tickets I felt like I was doing something wrong but TSM is so worth it!

Your Goofy looks awesome! I did the drawing class 3 times on my last trip hoping to get a classic character but it just wasn't mean to be haha.

I'll have to check out Minnie new area next trip, it looks great!

Hi Courtney,

I'm enjoying your trip report. We were at the WL from Nov 30 to Dec 5th. Maybe our paths crossed and we never knew it. ;)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter