Follow the progress of my Mickey Mural!

Gosh guys, I REALLY ned to finish it. It'll take either one long day or 2 shorter ones. I paint every day. EVERY. DAY. It's my labor of love and how I'm able to stay home w/ my kids, but working with the kids around...OYE! Now Daniel (the one whom's rooms is getting this mural) thinks "HEY! Mom paints on the wall, so I can too!" And OMG, we have scribbles of markers and pens, EVERYWHERE. Windows, carpet, walls...EVERYWHERE. I swear, the kid has a stash of them somewhere as we keep taking thema way and he keeps coming up w/ new ones. :headache: Bless 'im! ;) He's autistic and simply isn't understanding us when we say NO. He sees me so he figures it's a free-for-all.

stumbled upon your post, wonderful job, what a loving mother and artist you are

Great Job

:goodvibes Thanks guys! We just hired a PCA for my son today so I'm HOPING I'll get the time to finish it! Finally!!! Of course, he's already added his "flair" to it. In his mind, mommy paints on the walls so he can too. UGH. We've got his "art" on walls, on windows and yes, on the carpet. :confused: His favorite medium? Sharpie! :scared1:

Well, I think my son was tired of waiting. He decided to finish it on his own. Note the scribbling. Man, this autism is so challenging in another way. We can't get him to understand just because mommy paints an the walls, that he can't do the same. On the walls, the windows, the fridge, the CARPET! Oh yes, crayon, Sharpie and other "media". I'm not sure IF I'll finish it at this point. I can't seem to get the crayon off w/o taking off all of the paint.

28364DF3.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter